Grades: NS - 8 | 207 students
St. Thomas Catholic School was founded in 1903 by the Sisters of Divine Providence.
St. Thomas School offers a tradition of Academic excellence with firm and loving discipline.
We offer preschool programs for children aged three to five, including a popular pre-kindergarten program, which continues to the eighth grade in our main school.
Saint Thomas School will partner with the family to educate the child using Christian values, superior academics, and loving discipline in a Catholic academic community graced by the Spirit of Christ.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
- St. Thomas was nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School in 2006 based on our standardized test scores, foreign language program, and our connections to the community.
- St. Thomas School was recognized as a Service Learning School of Contribution for the 2007-08, 2008-09 2009-10 school years.
- Results from the ACRE test (religion test developed by the National Catholic Educatorsâ€™ Association and mandated by the Diocese of Covington) show that St. Thomas students in grade 5 scored an average of 6% points higher, and students in grade 8 scored an average of 10.5% points higher than the average student in Catholic schools across the nation.
- Students attending St. Thomas have the availability of academic testing and services provided by the Ft. Thomas School System
- Students at St. Thomas have a chance to participate in academic competitions, like the Northern Kentucky Academic League, Governorâ€™s Cup, and Math Counts, as early as fourth grade.
- In 2011 one of our 8th graders had the top score in NCCâ€™s placement test; an additional student scored in the top 10 of NCCâ€™s test. Another of our students scored in the top two in Villa Madonnaâ€™s placement test.
- Our principal, Ms. Sharon Bresler, was named 2010 Outstanding Principal by the Diocese of Covingtonâ€™s Department of Catechesis and Formation and the 2011 National Catholic Educatorsâ€™ Associationâ€™s Distinguished Principal Award for the Southeast Region, which covers the five states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana.
- Five of our students placed in the 2010 Diocesan Academic Competition; Math (1st), Oratory (2nd), Social Studies (1st), Art (2nd), and Storytelling (3rd).
- In 2007-2008, five St. Thomas studentsâ€™ art pieces were entered in the 3rd Annual Art Off-Pike Juried Neighborhood Art Show and Music Festival, and three of them won awards.
- In 2007-2008, six St. Thomas studentsâ€™ art pieces placed in the Regional Scholastic Art Competition.
- Starting in pre-kindergarten, our students enjoy enrichment classes in the areas of Spanish, music, physical education, library, and technology. In kindergarten, art is added.
- In the last 12 years St. Thomas has received over $100,000 in grants and awards to enhance many programs in our school including technology, science, and art.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort ThomasGrades: KG | 15 students
29 Churchill Drive
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
NewportGrades: K-8 | 346 students
2516 Alexandria Pike
Newport, KY 41071
Fort ThomasGrades: K-8 | 168 students
23 Rossford Avenue
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
NewportGrades: 9-12 | 391 students
13 Carothers Rd
Newport, KY 41071
NewportGrades: PK-8 | 52 students
2048 Alexandria Pike
Newport, KY 41076
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.