|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
- St. Thomas was nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School in 2006 based on our standardized test scores, foreign language program, and our connections to the community.
- St. Thomas School was recognized as a Service Learning School of Contribution for the 2007-08, 2008-09 2009-10 school years.
- Results from the ACRE test (religion test developed by the National Catholic Educators’ Association and mandated by the Diocese of Covington) show that St. Thomas students in grade 5 scored an average of 6% points higher, and students in grade 8 scored an average of 10.5% points higher than the average student in Catholic schools across the nation.
- Students attending St. Thomas have the availability of academic testing and services provided by the Ft. Thomas School System
- Students at St. Thomas have a chance to participate in academic competitions, like the Northern Kentucky Academic League, Governor’s Cup, and Math Counts, as early as fourth grade.
- In 2011 one of our 8th graders had the top score in NCC’s placement test; an additional student scored in the top 10 of NCC’s test. Another of our students scored in the top two in Villa Madonna’s placement test.
- Our principal, Ms. Sharon Bresler, was named 2010 Outstanding Principal by the Diocese of Covington’s Department of Catechesis and Formation and the 2011 National Catholic Educators’ Association’s Distinguished Principal Award for the Southeast Region, which covers the five states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana.
- Five of our students placed in the 2010 Diocesan Academic Competition; Math (1st), Oratory (2nd), Social Studies (1st), Art (2nd), and Storytelling (3rd).
- In 2007-2008, five St. Thomas students’ art pieces were entered in the 3rd Annual Art Off-Pike Juried Neighborhood Art Show and Music Festival, and three of them won awards.
- In 2007-2008, six St. Thomas students’ art pieces placed in the Regional Scholastic Art Competition.
- Starting in pre-kindergarten, our students enjoy enrichment classes in the areas of Spanish, music, physical education, library, and technology. In kindergarten, art is added.
- In the last 12 years St. Thomas has received over $100,000 in grants and awards to enhance many programs in our school including technology, science, and art.
Fort Thomas Abby's Child Enrichment Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.1 mi | 15 students | Gr. KG
Newport St. Therese School
(Roman Catholic)1.3 mi | 346 students | Gr. K-8
Fort Thomas St. Catherine Of Siena
(Roman Catholic)1.7 mi | 168 students | Gr. K-8
Newport Newport Central Catholic High School
(Roman Catholic)1.9 mi | 420 students | Gr. 9-12
Newport Cornerstone Montessori School
Montessori School2 mi | 52 students | Gr. PK-8 4 Reviews