At a Glance:
- The primary Montessori program admits children from 3 to 6 years of age (children must be 3 by September 1 of their start year, and fully potty-trained). Our three classes are made up of mixed ages of children. For the child entering at 3 years old, the complete program is three years in duration. Children are strongly encouraged to complete the cycle through their kindergarten year in order to derive the maximum benefit from their learning experience.
- All children attend school from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at the minimum, Monday through Friday, from September to June. Prekindergarten-age children (4 year olds) have the option of attending a special afternoon program from 12 noon to 3 p.m. Children entering their kindergarten year have advanced Montessori studies until 3 p.m.
- An after-school program is offered until 6 p.m. Before-school care is available from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. upon request.
- There is no discrimination made in the selection of students or staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- Application and fee schedules are available on this Web site, or you may request them by phone. Enrollment is completed on a first come first serve basis, preference is given to siblings of current or alumni students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - Kindergarten|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||30% (MD School Avg.: 30%)|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See our website for full tuition information|
|Admissions Director||Kristie Galic|
The Bethesda Montessori School cooperates with the Washington Montessori Institute and is staffed by AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) trained teachers. It is fully approved by the Maryland State Department of Education and is a member of the North American Montessori Teachers Association and other educational organizations. It leases its facility from the Bethesda Presbyterian Church, but it has no religious affiliation with the church or its teachings. It is centrally located in the heart of the Bethesda business district on Wilson Lane near the intersection of Old Georgetown and Arlington Roads, three blocks from the Bethesda Metro station.
A traditional Montessori school, BMS adheres to the teachings and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is fully equipped with the Montessori materials as well as many handmade items to stimulate the child's mind and creativity. Its rooms are bright and cheerful. Its staff is dedicated and caring. It is the hope of the school that each student will grow in knowledge, self-reliance, confidence and social graces.
We conduct personal tours for prospective families by appointment only. To arrange a tour at either 9:15 or 10:00am, call Admissions Director Kristie Galic at 301-986-1260, or email us at email@example.com. Our physical address is 7611 Clarendon Road, Bethesda, MD 20814. We are located on the first floor of the church building, on the corner of Wilson Lane and Clarendon Road. Our front door faces Wilson Lane.
Profile last updated: 05/16/2012
Bethesda The Sidwell Friends School
(Friends)0.1 mi | 1101 students | Gr. PK-12
Bethesda The Manor Montessori School
Montessori School0.4 mi | 60 students | Gr. PK-KG
Bethesda Our Lady Of Lourdes School
(Roman Catholic)0.5 mi | 296 students | Gr. K-9
Bethesda Bethesda Community School
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.6 mi | 138 students | Gr. K
Bethesda The Family Academy Of Bethesda
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.8 mi | 112 students | Gr. NS-K