|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||643 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||23% (MD School Avg.: 30%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||58%|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science (on-line), AP English Language & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government, AP Literature & Composition, AP Microeconomics (on-line), AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics (on-line), AP United States History, AP World History (on-line)|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,425|
|Tuition Notes||range: PK$5,175 Lower $18095 Middle $20660 Upper School $22975 Parallel program $28165|
|Admissions Director||Tiffany McCormick-LS/MS Director|
|Admissions Associate||Robin DePaolis-US Director|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Class Government, Creek 4 Peace Service, Drama, Engineering Club, Green Club, Musical Theater, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Quill and Scroll Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Government 6th-8th and 9th-12th, Tri M Music Honor Society, Yearbook Drama, Green Club, Newspaper, Yearbook, Class Government,
Creek 4 Peace Service,
National Honor Society,
Quill and Scroll Honor Society,
Spanish Honor Society,
Student Government 6th-8th and 9th-12th,
Tri M Music Honor Society,
- Indian Creek School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools. It is designated as an All Kinds of Minds School of Distinction by the All Kinds of Minds Institute and is the only school so designated in Maryland and one of twenty-two in the world.
- The Lower and Middle Schools were established in 1973. The Upper School opened in 2004.
- Indian Creek offers extended day programs from PK through 8th grade.
- The Upper School schedule is based on research in adolescent neuroscience bringing students into the school day later in the morning (8:45 a.m.) and continuing the day until 4:45 p.m.
- Spanish is taught throughout the grades with French, Latin, and American Sign Language added in the Upper School.
- The Upper School offers by application only a STEM program featuring small classes and intense classroom and field experiences in the STEM subjects.
Profile last updated: 01/16/2013
Severna Park Hannah More At Severna Park High School
Severna Park St. Martin's In-the-Field Episcopal School
(Episcopal)0.6 mi | 245 students | Gr. NS-8 1 Review
Severna Park Severn School
Severna Park Edinboro Early School
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.6 mi | 111 students | Gr. K
Crownsville Christian Community Fellowship
(Christian)1.8 mi | 23 students | Gr. 6-12
- March 16, 2012 - We as parents struggle and question if we are doing the right thing for our children's education, but when your child walks out of a school that he just shadowed and says, "I love it here." You know you are on the right track. We are immensely happy with Indian Creek Upper School and staff. We visited several private schools and public schools too. We wanted to make sure our son would fit in and more important, was the school focused on preparing our son for college. We found both. He has found friends and clubs to join. I need to mention that we think the school knows what colleges are looking for, the well rounded student. IC students must try for one semester an after school club in sports, arts and the sciences. This gives our son an opportunity to try different things he probably wouldn't and a good admission application. Our son is enjoying learning again. What a change from his last school. We thought he gave up on science, but now he comes home and talks about it and even decided to take a science class as an elective. We love it! I believe this is due to his teacher. The science staff really gets involved with their students and there are several hands on opportunities. He is taking two AP courses and taking an on line Chinese class. This school has guided our son in the right direction. The staff is energetic and knows their students well. They are involved and always ready to assist. We made the right choice and on top of that, our son is happy about it. - Posted by Parent