|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||7% (MN School Avg.: 14%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||41%|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(The dress code is modesty and neatness related with a heightened dress code on chapel day, Wednesday.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level from $4,500-$8,000; 100% of families demonstrating need received it for the last three school years. Contact our Admissions Director for specific information.|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Judy Winship|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal), Junior High Worship Team, Legos Club (Seasonal), Musical Instrument Lessons, Summer Camp Band, Summer Camp, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal),
Junior High Worship Team,
Legos Club (Seasonal),
Musical Instrument Lessons,
- 41-year history
- Dual accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- Focused high school prep curriculum and leadership training for 7th and 8th grade.
- Biblical worldview training integrated into curriculuma and student life.
- Latest technology, including computer lab with 26 fully connected computers and Smart Boards in all classrooms plus Library and Music, personal responders to implement Accelerated Reader program
- Spanish as a second language is part of the core curriculum in grades 1-8.
- Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading comprehension program, is part of the curriculum.
- Full art, music, library, physical education programs implemented by specialist teachers.
- Band and private instrument lessons begin in 4th grade. Band students give three concerts per year plus one adjudicated opportunity.
- All students are involved in at least one musical each year to enhance public presentation and teamwork skills.
- Full-time registered nurse on site.
- Before-school care available at 7:00 AM and after-school care available from 3:30 to 5:30 PM.
- Full athletics program; member of South Side Youth Organization.
- Spanish starts in 1st grade; is a core subject in 7th and 8th grade.
Profile last updated: 01/28/2013
Chanhassen Children Of Tomorrow
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.9 mi | 67 students | Gr. NS-K
Excelsior St. John The Baptist School
(Roman Catholic)2.8 mi | 187 students | Gr. PK-8 3 Reviews
Excelsior Our Savior Lutheran School
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)3.1 mi | 121 students | Gr. K-9 1 Review
Excelsior Spring Hill School
Alternative School3.3 mi | 112 students | Gr. PK-7
Excelsior Minnetonka Montessori
Early Childhood / Day Cares3.3 mi | 2 students | Gr. NS-K 1 Review