Grades: K-8 | 321 students
Founded in 1970, Chapel Hill Academy is a Biblically-based, non-denominational Christian K-8 school dedicated to serving Christian families from over 35 churches in the southwestern suburbs of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area.
We hold dual accreditation with the Association of Christian Schools International and AdvancED. Our Godly, licensed teachers and trained administrative staff partner with parents and the local church to train young people in the highest principles of Christian leadership, self-discipline, individual responsibility, personal integrity, and good citizenship.
In addition to an excellent, Bible-based academic program, Chapel Hill Academy offers exciting athletic programs, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, full art and music programs, a fully networked computer lab, SmartBoard technology in all classrooms plus Library and Music, and Spanish instruction in grades 1-8.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(The dress code is modesty and neatness related with a heightened dress code on chapel day, Wednesday.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level from $4,500-$8,000; 100% of families demonstrating need received it for the last three school years. Contact our Admissions Director for specific information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Judy Winship|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal), Junior High Worship Team, Legos Club (Seasonal), Musical Instrument Lessons, Summer Camp Band, Summer Camp, Grand Masters of Chess Club (Seasonal),
Junior High Worship Team,
Legos Club (Seasonal),
Musical Instrument Lessons,
- 41-year history
- Dual accreditation with Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- Focused high school prep curriculum and leadership training for 7th and 8th grade.
- Biblical worldview training integrated into curriculuma and student life.
- Latest technology, including computer lab with 26 fully connected computers and Smart Boards in all classrooms plus Library and Music, personal responders to implement Accelerated Reader program
- Spanish as a second language is part of the core curriculum in grades 1-8.
- Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading comprehension program, is part of the curriculum.
- Full art, music, library, physical education programs implemented by specialist teachers.
- Band and private instrument lessons begin in 4th grade. Band students give three concerts per year plus one adjudicated opportunity.
- All students are involved in at least one musical each year to enhance public presentation and teamwork skills.
- Full-time registered nurse on site.
- Before-school care available at 7:00 AM and after-school care available from 3:30 to 5:30 PM.
- Full athletics program; member of South Side Youth Organization.
- Spanish starts in 1st grade; is a core subject in 7th and 8th grade.
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChanhassenGrades: PK-8 | 679 students
8201 Main Street
Chanhassen, MN 55317
ChanhassenGrades: PK-KG | 28 students
1490 Lake Dr W
Chanhassen, MN 55317
Eden PrairieGrades: NS-PK
18295 Cascade Dr.
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
ExcelsiorGrades: PK-8 | 115 students
638 Mill St
Excelsior, MN 55331
2800 Corporate Place
Chanhassen, MN 55317
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.