Grades: PK - 6 | 37 students
St. Andrew's Lutheran Church was established in St. Paul Park shortly after the Second World War.
Ten years after the church was founded, a full-time Christian Day School began operating.
Ever since, St. Andrew's Lutheran School has been teaching young minds for tomorrow's world and preparing young hearts for God's kingdom.
Our long tradition of academic excellence is rooted in the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) School system, the fourth largest parochial school system in the country.
Our school provides a setting where the words of the Lord are taught and applied daily and a caring Christian staff helps children to grow academically and spiritually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 6|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||71%
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No sleeveless tops, no torn pants)
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K Tuition is $1100/year. All day Kindergarten - 8th tuition is $3000/year. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Softball, Track and Field,
- With over 50 years of educating children, St. Andrew's Lutheran School has consistently provided an excellent educational program from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our students receive a sound secular education in a Christian setting. Our low student to teacher ratio means that your child will get the attention he or she deserves from a qualified, professional teacher. Our students consistently out-perform public school students on national standardized tests. Our curriculum provides everything that is required by the public school system and more. Our goal is to prepare our students for this life as well as the life to come. Academics are at the heart of our school. Bible study, devotions and prayer are its soul. To accomplish this, the following courses are taught at St. Andrew's.
- Religion: Old and New Testament, Bible teachings, Catechism, and Confirmation instruction.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing, Desk-Top Publishing, Informational Use and Tutorial.
- Language Arts: Reading, Phonics, Whole Language, Grammar, Penmanship, Creative Writing, Spelling, English and Literature.
- Science: General Science, Physics, Earth Science, Biology and Health.
- Math: Basic Arithmetic up through Algebra I, based on demonstrated ability.
- Social Studies: Geography, Family and Community Studies, U.S. History and Citizenship, World History and Culture, Minnesota History and Current Events.
- Fine Arts: Music, music theory, choral singing, and art.
- Physical Education: Team and individual sports and physical fitness.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint Paul ParkGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
920 Holley Ave Ste 2
Saint Paul Park, MN 55071
Cottage GroveGrades: 10-12 | 35 students
8944 Indahl Ave S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
Cottage GroveGrades: NS-PK | 10 students
7483 Isleton Ave S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
Saint PaulGrades: NS-12 | 672 students
6758 Bailey Road
Saint Paul, MN 55129
South Saint PaulGrades: KG-8 | 188 students
745 6th Ave S
South Saint Paul, MN 55075
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.