Fostering a unique partnership with families and dedicated faculty,
St. Teresa Regional School,
a Pre-K through 8 Catholic educational institution
strives to empower students
to know themselves as created and loved by God.
Forming minds and hearts for leadership and service,
we achieve academic excellence,
and individual responsibility in a safe and nurturing environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Accelerated Math, Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Spanish Instruction Chess Club, Accelerated Math,
National Junior Honor Society,
·HIGHLIGHTS of St. Teresa Regional School
- School hours for grades K to 8 are from 7:45 am to 2:45 pm.·
- PreK schedule choices are 3 half day (MWF 8 am to 12 noon) or 5 full day (MTWRF 8 am to 2:30 pm)·
- On site Before Care beginning at 6:30 am and On site After Care until 6:00 pm are available for PreK to grade 8. ·
- Resource room and teacher where students who need tutoring or extra help can visit as needed.·
- Teaching assistants throughout the grades provide in class support for students as needed.·
- PreK and Kindergarten have full day assistants·
- Hot lunch program for grades K to 8·
- Committed to small class sizes·
- Teachers are state certified- many with advanced degrees.·
- Speech and Compensatory Education teachers available to students in need·
- State of the Art technology- a SMART board in every classroom, laptops for the students allowing technology to be infused in every subject.·
- Spanish Language, Physical Education, Art, Library studies, Computer class, Music Education and After School Clubs that include: Chess Club, Forensics Club, Cooking Club, Hockey Club, Audio Visual Club and much more.·
- Eighth grade students learn to write research papers using the MLA method
- The Philosophy of St. Teresa Regional School Saint Teresa Regional School bases its philosophy on To Teach as Jesus Did, a pastoral message on Catholic Education written by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops. The American Bishops state: The educational mission of the Church is an integrated ministry embracing three interlocking dimensions: the message revealed by God which the Church proclaims; fellowship in the life of the Holy Spirit; service to the Christian community and the entire human community. Saint Teresa Regional School exists to provide that atmosphere in which the threefold dimension of Message,Community, and Service may grow and flourish. Our administration and faculty aim to integrate religious truth and values with the rest of life not only by the uniqueness of the curriculum but by the example of their lives.
- We believe that religious instruction in St. Teresa School is the underlying reality in which the students’ experiences in worship, learning and living achieve coherence and meaning.
- We believe that all students are children of God. Therefore students are counseled to respect others and exhibit concern and compassion through the use of good manners, affording each other their rightful dignity in all circumstances.
- We believe the administration and faculty seek to provide a program that is spiritually and academically strong so that students are empowered to share their gifts and talents with a sense of responsibility for service to God and neighbor.
- We believe the review and development of curriculum is an ongoing process that requires the cooperation of classroom teachers, coordinators and administration to act in conjunction with the guidelines set forth by the office of Catholic Schools of the Camden Diocese.
- We believe that the educational practices and tools to facilitate learning include an integration of language arts across the curriculum as well as multimedia and technological resources with cooperative learning experiences in all curriculum areas.
- We believe that both formal and informal evaluations serve to assist teachers in ascertaining student mastery of concepts, the need for remediation, accommodations and or modifications.
- We believe parents are the primary educators of children and share in the responsibility and coordination of efforts with the faculty to provide a safe environment encouraging a love for learning and the nurturance of self-esteem in children.
- We believe that weekly class participation in the Holy Eucharist fosters students’ growth as members of the Catholic Christian community ready to live out the call of Jesus to serve others.
- We believe that the whole child is developed spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially and physically by the faith community of school and parish is a safe and loving environment. To this end every effort is made to help students acquire skills, virtues and habits of heart and mind necessary for effective leadership and service.
Profile last updated: 09/02/2012
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Blackwood Mother Goose Learning Center
200 Little Gloucester Road
Blackwood , NJ , 08012
(856)227-0012Early Childhood / Day Cares (Nonsectarians)1.7 mi | 102 students | Gr. NS-PK
Barrington Castle Academy
500 Clements Bridge Road
Barrington , NJ , 08007
(856)546-5901(Nonsectarians)1.8 mi | 234 students | Gr. PK-12
Pennsauken J.D.T. Christian Academy
3600 Earl Ave
Pennsauken , NJ , 08110
(856)910-2815(Christian)2.3 mi | 21 students | Gr. K-12
Woodbury Cornerstone Montessori School
240 Sickle Lane
Woodbury , NJ , 08096
(856)685-3258Montessori School2.7 mi | students | Gr. PK-K
WoodburyDelaware Valley Jr Academy
Woodbury , NJ , 08096
(856)227-0513(Seventh-Day Adventist)2.8 mi | 21 students | Gr. 2-9