Fostering a unique partnership with families and dedicated faculty,
St. Teresa Regional School,
a Pre-K through 8 Catholic educational institution
strives to empower students
to know themselves as created and loved by God.
Forming minds and hearts for leadership and service,
we achieve academic excellence,
and individual responsibility in a safe and nurturing environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Accelerated Math, Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Spanish Instruction Chess Club, Accelerated Math,
National Junior Honor Society,
HIGHLIGHTS of St. Teresa Regional School
- School hours for grades K to 8 are from 7:45 am to 2:45 pm.
- PreK schedule choices are 5 full day (MTWRF 8 am to 2:30 pm), 3 full days (MWF 8 am to 2:30 pm) or 3 half day (MWF 8 am to 12 noon).
- On site Before Care beginning at 6:30 am and On site After Care until 6:00 pm are available for PreK to grade 8.
- Resource room and teacher where students who need tutoring or extra help can visit as needed.
- Teaching assistants in primary grades provide in class support for students as needed.
- PreK and Kindergarten have full day assistants.
- Hot lunch program for grades K to 8.
- Committed to small class sizes.
- Teachers are state certified.
- Speech and Compensatory Education teachers available to students in need.
- State of the Art technology- a SMART board in every classroom, computer lab, laptops and Chromebooks to integrate technology across all curriculum areas.
- Spanish Language, Physical Education, Art, Library studies, Technology, Music Education and After School Clubs.
- Statement of Beliefs
- We believe that religious instruction in St. Teresa School is the underlying reality in which the students’ experiences in worship, learning and living achieve coherence and meaning.
- We believe that all students are children of God. Therefore students are counseled to respect others and exhibit concern and compassion through the use of good manners, affording each other their rightful dignity in all circumstances.
- We believe the administration and faculty seek to provide a program that is spiritually and academically strong so that students are empowered to share their gifts and talents with a sense of responsibility for service to God and neighbor.
- We believe the review and development of curriculum is an ongoing process that requires the cooperation of classroom teachers, coordinators and administration to act in conjunction with the guidelines set forth by the office of Catholic Schools of the Camden Diocese.
- We believe that the educational practices and tools to facilitate learning include an integration of language arts across the curriculum as well as multimedia and technological resources with cooperative learning experiences in all curriculum areas.
- We believe that both formal and informal evaluations serve to assist teachers in ascertaining student mastery of concepts, the need for remediation, accommodations and or modifications.
- We believe parents are the primary educators of children and share in the responsibility and coordination of efforts with the faculty to provide a safe environment encouraging a love for learning and the nurturance of self-esteem in children.
- We believe that weekly class participation in the Holy Eucharist fosters students’ growth as members of the Catholic Christian community ready to live out the call of Jesus to serve others.
- We believe that the whole child is developed spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially and physically by the faith community of school and parish is a safe and loving environment. To this end every effort is made to help students acquire skills, virtues and habits of heart and mind necessary for effective leadership and service.
Profile last updated: 09/02/2014
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Blackwood Mother Goose Learning Center
200 Little Gloucester Road
Blackwood , NJ , 08012
(856)227-0012Early Childhood / Day Cares1.7 mi | 102 students | Gr. NS-PK
Barrington Castle Academy
500 Clements Bridge Road
Barrington , NJ , 08007
Pennsauken J.D.T. Christian Academy
3600 Earl Ave
Pennsauken , NJ , 08110
(856)910-2815(Christian)2.3 mi | 21 students | Gr. K-12
Woodbury Cornerstone Montessori School
240 Sickle Lane
Woodbury , NJ , 08096
(856)685-3258Montessori School2.7 mi | students | Gr. PK-K
Deptford Delaware Valley Jr Academy
Deptford , NJ , 08096
(856)227-0513(Seventh-Day Adventist)2.8 mi | 9 students | Gr. 1-7