Grades: PK - 12 | 95 students
Flora Macdonald Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational day school for grades PK-12, serving Red Springs, Raeford, Fayetteville, Laurinburg, Lumberton, and surrounding areas.
The school provides a values-based college preparatory education in a small, safe, and nuturing environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Biology, Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,550|
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans available; new family and active duty military discounts available|
|Admissions Director||Patsy Conoley|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Ingle|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Government Association Beta Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Student Government Association,
- The size of our student body allows for diversity without sacrificing a concerned and caring atmosphere. Every child is know by "name and by need."
- All of our students have opportunities for success in small classes, where they are actively involved and where there is a meaningful student-faculty rapport. Parents, community, staff, and students work collaboratively to meet high expectations in a curriculum which stimulates ethical, physical, creative, and social development and opportunity to begin lifelong learning.
- The campus exudes a sense of history. Located in historic Red Springs on the campus which was originally Flora Macdonald College, its extensive gardens and grounds surround a building on the National Historic Registry. The past inspires the future, defined by students, ages four to seventeen, who come here looking for a history of their own.
- Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Member of North Carolina Association of Independent Schools
- Member of North Carolina Independent Athletic Association
Profile last updated: 04/03/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Red SpringsGrades: K-11 | 7 students
207 Phillips Ave
Red Springs, NC 28377
PembrokeGrades: 1-12 | 38 students
9709 Nc Highway 72
Pembroke, NC 28372
Red SpringsGrades: 1-12 | 20 students
Po Box 368
Red Springs, NC 28377
Saint PaulsGrades: 2-9 | 8 students
Po Box 133
Saint Pauls, NC 28384
3219 Lindsay Rd
Raeford, NC 28376
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.