Grades: PK-12 | 95 students
Flora Macdonald Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational day school for grades PK-12, serving Red Springs, Raeford, Fayetteville, Laurinburg, Lumberton, and surrounding areas.
The school provides a values-based college preparatory education in a small, safe, and nuturing environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Biology, Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,550|
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans available; new family and active duty military discounts available|
|Admissions Director||Patsy Conoley|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Ingle|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Government Association Beta Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Student Government Association,
- The size of our student body allows for diversity without sacrificing a concerned and caring atmosphere. Every child is know by "name and by need."
- All of our students have opportunities for success in small classes, where they are actively involved and where there is a meaningful student-faculty rapport. Parents, community, staff, and students work collaboratively to meet high expectations in a curriculum which stimulates ethical, physical, creative, and social development and opportunity to begin lifelong learning.
- The campus exudes a sense of history. Located in historic Red Springs on the campus which was originally Flora Macdonald College, its extensive gardens and grounds surround a building on the National Historic Registry. The past inspires the future, defined by students, ages four to seventeen, who come here looking for a history of their own.
- Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Member of North Carolina Association of Independent Schools
- Member of North Carolina Independent Athletic Association
Profile last updated: 04/03/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Red SpringsGrades: K-11 | 7 students
207 Phillips Ave
Red Springs, NC 28377
PembrokeGrades: 1-12 | 38 students
9709 Nc Highway 72
Pembroke, NC 28372
Red SpringsGrades: 1-12 | 20 students
Po Box 368
Red Springs, NC 28377
Saint PaulsGrades: 2-9 | 8 students
Po Box 133
Saint Pauls, NC 28384
3219 Lindsay Rd
Raeford, NC 28376
Rental Market Monitor
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.