- Phonics based reading curriculum
- Students learn to read in kindergarten. Kindergarten students test in the top 12% nationwide.
- Ninety percent of graduates enter higher education.
- A large percentage of the high school students qualify to be members of the KCEA State Honor Society.
- Our students average two to three grades ahead on national achievement tests
- Advanced, academic A Beka curriculum ~ *Academic Resource Classroom is available for extra help
- Many high school electives are offered.
Walnut Street Christian School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||3% (PA School Avg.: 19%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Nancy Houtz|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
National Rank Grade Equiv.
Reading Top 9% 1.4
Math Top 27% 1.6
Reading Top 21.3% 4.3
Math Top 34.4% 3.2
Language Top 28.4 3.7
Reading Top 16.3% 8.9
Math Top 12.3% 9.0
Language Top 17.3% 8.7
Spelling Top 36.4% 6.7
Science Top 20.3% 7.8
50% of students scored between grade equivalent of 9.5-PHS (College level)
(21 PHS/out of a possible 32)
43% of students scored 100% of tested subjects in PHS range (College level)
57% of students scored 62% of their tested subjects in the PHS range
Generally, the longer a student attends WSCS the higher he or she scores.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
Related School Videos:
Students checking out the new aquarium
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Walnut Street students perform in All-State Choir - Lock Haven Express
posted on December 18, 2012 at 06:20:52 am
Lock Haven ExpressWalnut Street students perform in All-State ChoirLock Haven ExpressAVIS - Two high school students from Walnut Street Christian School recently ...
- Ready for the World
posted on May 29, 2010 at 04:10:37 am
AVIS - The Walnut Street Christian School celebrated the three members of its Class of 2010 during graduation ceremonies last night. Valedictorian Jessica ...
- Area high school graduations scheduled
posted on June 4, 2009 at 02:08:42 pm
Last Friday night, seniors at Walnut Street Christian School in Avis received their high school diplomas in the first of many graduation ceremonies planned in the area over the next two ...
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 7.5 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 7.6 mi. away
Gr. 1-9 | 8 mi. away
Gr. PK | 12.5 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 14.4 mi. away