Grades: K - 8 | 445 students
Our Lady of Good Counsel is a parochial school for children in Kindergarten through grade eight.
The school has a long standing reputation for excellence in academics and a caring, family environment which facilitates learning and the child's spiritual, social, emotional and physical growth.
OLGC School provides a Christian education that is intended to make one's faith a living, conscious, and active one through the light of instruction.
The integration of religious truth and values with life is the focal point of the curriculum.
As part of its educational program, OLGC School strives for academic excellence, encourages appreciation of the fine arts, fosters self respect and respect for all life, and attempts to develop responsibility for the total community.
We at Our Lady of Good Counsel School have the mission to provide an excellent Catholic education primarily for the children of our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, and on a space available basis, to non-parish students willing to commit to our philosophy of education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||445 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10%
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition based upon number of enrolled students per family.|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Tennis,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Club, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, LEGO League, Literary & Art Magazine, Science Club, Spirit Store, Student Council, Wildcat Tales Newspaper, Yearbook Staff Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Club, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, LEGO League, Science Club, Spirit Store, Yearbook Staff, Literary & Art Magazine,
Wildcat Tales Newspaper,
The campus is located on 25 acres in a neighborhood setting in Northern Virginia.
The school includes:
The school includes:
- 19 classrooms, a computer lab, science lab, library, music room, band room, art room, resource room, gymnasium, cafeteria, playground, and playing fields.
- OLGC students have access to the following technology: a computer lab with Windows 8 desktops, the school-wide network, the Internet, desktops,laptops, netbooks, Chromebooks and i-Pads, wireless access, and interactive whiteboards in all classrooms and specialty areas.
- The curriculum is supported by and students have access to an online library catalog, Power School, the Accelerated Reader program, Discovery School streaming video, and various other online programs.
- Our school has 35 faculty members, many with advanced degrees. Instructional aides assist in grades K-3. Limited small group instruction for students with learning disabilities is available. The Terra Nova National Achievement test is administered annually in the spring to students in grades 3-7. Students in grades 5 and 8 take the ACRE (Religion test). All students in grade 8 take the High School Placement Test which is the admissions test for Catholic high schools in the area.
- Students are transported by car, walk, and bicycle to school. Students bring their lunch to school and milk is sold on a yearly basis. A vendor-provided lunch is available for an extra charge on Thursdays throughout the school year.
- The Extra-Curricular Activities Program (ECAP) is available from 3-6pm after school. Other enrichment opportunities include Art, Band, Chorus, Chess Club, Computer Club, Science Club, Dance, Lego League, Wildcat Chat School Newspaper, Yearbook Club, Literary & Art Magazine, Student Council, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, House League Basketball, CYO Basketball, CYO Tennis, and CYO Track & Field.
- Some community service activities include food drives, Bracelets for Africa, Christmas Giving Tree and Adopt-a-Family, performances for seasoned citizens, cards for servicemen, and various fundraising activities.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ViennaGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
340 Courthouse Rd Sw
Vienna, VA 22180
ViennaGrades: PK-1 | 28 students
916 Ninovan Road Se
Vienna, VA 22180
WarrentonGrades: PK-12 | 58 students
6872 Watson Ct
Warrenton, VA 20187
ViennaGrades: K-8 | 129 students
8200 Bell Lane
Vienna, VA 22182
Mc LeanGrades: NS-PK | 54 students
8283 Greensboro Drive
Mc Lean, VA 22102
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.