Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
Xavier High School's mission is to create for its students a Catholic Christian community in which students, faculty, staff, and parents may together: foster a faith relationship with God, show a loving concern for neighbors, develop individual talents, strive for academic excellence in a world of ever-changing technology, and nurture a sense of personal dignity.
Our mission empowers and energizes this faith community to serve the Fox Valley area, acquire a global vision, and challenge society with the values of Jesus Christ.
Xavier High School is part of the St. Francis Xavier Catholic School System offering 3 year old pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, College Business, English, Environmental Science, German, Macro Economics, Psychology, Spanish, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Xavier t-shirt or Xavier polo shirt; no denim pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,838|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarship Assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,050|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donna Fahrenkrug|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Drill Team,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||31 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Bowling Club, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Chinese Honor Society, Cinematography Club, Environmental Club, Forensics, French Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), German Honor Society, International Club, Key Club, Link Crew, Math League, Mock Trial, Peer Helpers, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Club, Rock for Life Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Spirit Think Tank, Sportsmen's Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Theatre Club, Xavier Honor Society Art Club, Book Club, Bowling Club, Chess Club, Forensics, Key Club, Link Crew, Math League, Mock Trial, Peer Helpers, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Theatre Club, Campus Ministry,
Chinese Honor Society,
French Honor Society,
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA),
German Honor Society,
Rock for Life Club,
Spanish Honor Society,
Spirit Think Tank,
Xavier Honor Society,
- Xavier High School has been recognized by the Cardinal Newman Society as one of the top 50 Catholic high schools in the country. This was based on excellence in Catholic identity, civic education and academic achievement.
- The last six graduating classes had an average composite ACT score of 25.2 with 98% of the classes taking the test.
- Xavier has established a "bring your own device" (BYOD) program in the area of technology. All students are required to have a laptop to use in their classes. Many textbooks are online and Google Docs are used for many assignments. Xavier uses Haiku as a learning management system.
- Xavier has used a block schedule since 1996. Students typically have four classes a day with no study halls. The graduation requirement is 29 credits but most students earn more than this minimum.
- Xavier offers a five-year program in Spanish, German, Chinese and French.
- Xavier offers Project Lead The Way (PLTW) courses in engineering and biomedical sciences. These are hands-on, project-based courses that are for the most part offered outside the school day/year. These courses are supplemental to our core science classes.
- Fifty international students from 12 countries attend Xavier. Many are from China and South Korea.
- Xavier excels in athletics and the arts and offers numerous opportunities to its students to grow in their faith.
- Xavier has a Christian Service requirement. Students must perform 10 hours of service each semester for a total of 80 hours before graduation. Most students perform at least twice that number before graduation.
Profile last updated: 07/23/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MenashaGrades: 6-11 | 4 students
3010 S Appleton Rd
Menasha, WI 54952
AppletonGrades: PK-12 | 68 students
555 N Lynndale Drive
Appleton, WI 54914
AppletonGrades: PK-5 | 162 students
313 S State St
Appleton, WI 54911
AppletonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
136 W Seymour St
Appleton, WI 54915
2407 South Oneida St.
Appleton, WI 54915
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.