Alsion Middle/high School
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)||Association Montessori International (AMI)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7 - 12|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||63% (CA School Avg.: 44%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||77%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|Total Extracurriculars||6 extracurriculars|
- Team of three full-time Master Teachers remain with the same class of students during all three years of the program.
- Master teachers are assisted by subject matter specialists.
- Math is taught in ability group tutorials, approximately 6 to 8 per class. Sequence is: Beginning algebra,geometry, algebra 2.
- Science is very "hands-on" and project based, taught in 2 hour blocks. Sequence: life science (7th grade),physics & chemistry (8th grade), A.P. Environmental Science (9th grade.)
- Only foreign language is Spanish taught by immersion method, 5 days per week for three years. (AP Spanish in 9th grade.)
- Students read and discuss approximately 16 novels per year. Writing assignments are frequent. Some require multiple drafts.
- 9th grade exit exam is California Community College Placement Exam. (Please see "Academic Performance" page on website.
- Many intermural sports: flag football, soccer,volleyball, soccer, basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, cross country.
- Fine art, music,ceramics,creative writing.
- Afternoon apprenticeships, community service.
- Annual Natural History Expeditions. (See Methods and Programs" page on website.)
Profile last updated: 09/05/2012
Gr. 7-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0 mi. away
Gr. 2-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 1 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 1.1 mi. away