|School Membership(s)||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (MD School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advance Rhetoric||Advanced Latin|
|College Calculus||College Chemistry|
|College Physics||Honors English|
|Honors History||Honors Literature|
|Average SAT score||2006|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(Varies by grade level)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K $6500, grades 1-6 $10300 grades 7-8 $10850, grades 9-12 $10980|
|% on Financial Aid||15%|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Amy Boswell|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||9 extracurriculars|
|Black Tie Club||Chess Club|
|Fellowship of Christian Athletes||Journalism|
- Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school which utilizes a time-proven method of education based on the Trivium. Rockbridge Academy is committed to offering a service to parents who are seeking a truly excellent education for their children, taught from a distinctively Christian world view.
- Rockbridge Academy is centrally located near Rt.97 and Rt. 32 and is especially convenient for families driving from the Baltimore, Annapolis, and Bowie areas.
- Rockbridge Academy seeks to individually challenge children at all levels and to teach them how to learn. Through a proven, centuries-old pattern of education called the Trivium, students are taught using specific methods which correlate to their natural, God-given developmental stages. All subjects are taught as parts of an integrated whole with scripture at the center as students are encouraged to become "thinking Christians" and to develop a solid, biblical, world view.
- Rockbridge Academy students are taught critical thinking with a Christ-centered worldview. Our goal is not to worry about tests and skills, but rather to master the tools of learning and build critical thinking methodologies so as to become life-long learners who glorify God. We believe this is a Biblical approach to education, and God has richly blessed our teachers and students as they labored diligently in these efforts.
- The average SAT scores at Rockbridge were 695 verbal, 663 math, and 648 writing, for a total of 2006 out of a possible 2400. Put into perspective, these scores are over 440 points above both the national and Maryland averages, and are over 350 points above Maryland Private Religious schools average.
- How important is an education that produces these kind of results? Practically, our graduates earned an average of $14,000 in college aid/scholarships each for their first year of college!
- The really important news however is that in cooperation with the efforts of their parents and churches, graduates head off to college grounded in their faith and confident in applying Christian thinking to the world around them. They are poised young men and women of godly character who are prepared to stand for their faith in all situations.
Profile last updated: 11/09/2012
Related School Videos:
Rockbridge Academy: Pirates of Penzance 2011
1 month ago
Get to Know Rockbridge Academy
8 months ago
Rockbridge Academy Variety Show-Hello Daron
2 years ago
Rockbridge Academy Variety Show-Bring Him Home
2 years ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Olde Mill / Millersville: Local students help others as part of art honor society - CapitalGazette.com
posted on May 3, 2013 at 06:02:30 am
Olde Mill / Millersville: Local students help others as part of art honor societyCapitalGazette.comThe Rockbridge Academy art department will sponsor an art exhibit from 5 to 8 ...
- Girls Lacrosse Roundup: Steele, Reese send Admirals past Grizzlies - CapitalGazette.com
posted on April 17, 2013 at 03:07:20 am
Girls Lacrosse Roundup: Steele, Reese send Admirals past GrizzliesCapitalGazette.comROCKBRIDGE ACADEMY 18, GUNSTON DAY 16: Meredith Bigelow led the ...
- Girls Lacrosse Roundup: Segreti sinks winner for Bulldogs - CapitalGazette.com
posted on April 10, 2013 at 02:36:19 am
Girls Lacrosse Roundup: Segreti sinks winner for BulldogsCapitalGazette.comROCKBRIDGE ACADEMY 13, NORTHERN MARYLAND FCA 11: Emily Kerr led the Scots with six ...
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 2.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 2.8 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 3 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | 3 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 3.2 mi. away
- May 02,2013 - The academic program is excellent. I appreciate the emphasis put on teaching students how to process their thoughts logically and speak before an audience. The teachers are awesome and the administration is helpful.*-Posted by Parent *