|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15%
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Rhetoric, Advanced Latin, All Upper School Classes taught at AP level, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College Physics, Honors English, Honors History, Honors Literature|
|Average SAT score||2006|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Varies by grade level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Half Day M-F $7,100 Kindergarten Full Day M-F $9,500 Kindergarten Full Day 2 days: T, Th $8,400 Kindergarten Full Day 3 days: M,W,F $9,050 grades 1-6 $11,000 grades 7-12 $11,700|
|% on Financial Aid||15%|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Amy Boswell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bi-annual Musical and Bi-annual Variety Show, Black Tie Club, Chamber Music - The Haydn Quarter, Chess Club, Debate, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Finance Club, Grammar Choir - Rockbridge Academy Singers, Journalism, Junior and Senior Soirees, Latin Certamen, Orchestra, Photography Club, Recorder Club, Rhetoric Choir - Kantorei, Rising Senior Grand Tour - Annual all student 3 week trip to Europe, Rockbridge Annual Student Music Competition, Science Olympiad, Yearbook, Youth Sports Clinics - Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse Black Tie Club, Chess Club, Debate, Finance Club, Journalism, Latin Certamen, Orchestra, Recorder Club, Yearbook, Bi-annual Musical and Bi-annual Variety Show,
Chamber Music - The Haydn Quarter,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Grammar Choir - Rockbridge Academy Singers,
Junior and Senior Soirees,
Rhetoric Choir - Kantorei,
Rising Senior Grand Tour - Annual all student 3 week trip to Europe,
Rockbridge Annual Student Music Competition,
Youth Sports Clinics - Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse,
- Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school which utilizes a time-proven method of education based on the Trivium. Rockbridge Academy is committed to offering a service to parents who are seeking a truly excellent education for their children, taught from a distinctively Christian world view.
- Rockbridge Academy is centrally located near Rt.97 and Rt. 32 and is especially convenient for families driving from the Baltimore, Annapolis, and Bowie areas.
- Rockbridge Academy seeks to individually challenge children at all levels and to teach them how to learn. Through a proven, centuries-old pattern of education called the Trivium, students are taught using specific methods which correlate to their natural, God-given developmental stages. All subjects are taught as parts of an integrated whole with scripture at the center as students are encouraged to become "thinking Christians" and to develop a solid, biblical, world view.
- Rockbridge Academy students are taught critical thinking with a Christ-centered worldview. Our goal is not to worry about tests and skills, but rather to master the tools of learning and build critical thinking methodologies so as to become life-long learners who glorify God. We believe this is a Biblical approach to education, and God has richly blessed our teachers and students as they labored diligently in these efforts.
- The average SAT scores at Rockbridge were 695 verbal, 663 math, and 648 writing, for a total of 2006 out of a possible 2400. Put into perspective, these scores are over 440 points above both the national and Maryland averages, and are over 350 points above Maryland Private Religious schools average.
- How important is an education that produces these kind of results? Practically, our graduates earned an average of $14,000 in college aid/scholarships each for their first year of college!
- The really important news however is that in cooperation with the efforts of their parents and churches, graduates head off to college grounded in their faith and confident in applying Christian thinking to the world around them. They are poised young men and women of godly character who are prepared to stand for their faith in all situations.
Profile last updated: 08/06/2014
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Gambrills Gambrills KinderCare
1069 Md Rt 3, North LA
Gambrills , MD , 21054
(410)721-0690Early Childhood / Day Cares2.1 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Severna Park Severna Park KinderCare
488 Jumpers Hole Road
Severna Park , MD , 21146
(410)647-7424Early Childhood / Day Cares2.8 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Crownsville Meadow Brook Education Center
1211 Farm Rd.
Crownsville , MD , 21032
(410)729-5862Special Education School3 mi | 17 students | Gr. 9-12
CrownsvilleFocus Point School
Crownsville , MD , 21032
(410)729-5862Special Education School3 mi | 8 students | Gr. 8-12
CrownsvilleChristian Community Fellowship
830 Birch Trail
Crownsville , MD , 21032
(410)923-2207(Christian)3.2 mi | 23 students | Gr. 6-12