|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||30% (NJ School Avg.: 29%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Admissions Director||Ruth Sulitzer|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art studio, Chorus, Advanced Chorus, Chess, Musiqclub, Mad Science, Jump Bunch, Yogarate, Fencing Art studio, Chorus, Chess, Musiqclub, Mad Science, Jump Bunch, Yogarate, Fencing, Advanced Chorus,
- Cedar Hill Prep School offers a well rounded, non sectarian education from Preschool through Grade 8.
- Students in middle school also learn Engineering concepts as part of their curriculum from Grade 5-8.
- Cedar Hill Prep School's primary focus is on developing the "academic mind" of a child. In addition, we support the emotional and social needs of the children by providing a nurturing environment. Instruction is disemminated in a small group setting with accomodations made for differentiated instruction. Their education is further enhanced with hands on learning opportunities, field trips and monthly project work.
- The school population includes a diverse community with students representing more than 10 nationalities, akin to a mini United Nations. The environment exudes cross cultural interaction, cross generational friendship, co-operation and comraderie. Cedar Hill Prep School embraces cultural immersion, spanish and french are taught from preschool. Students are also given ample opportunities in public speaking, creative expression and team work. Parent/Student/Teacher communication is maintained using the class web pages and an active PTO.
- Students from Grade 2 and up participate in National competitions viz., Math League, Geography Bee, Odyssey of Mind, and Science League
Profile last updated: 04/01/2013
Somerset Somerset Bible Baptist Christian Academy
(Baptist)1 mi | 56 students | Gr. K-12
Somerset Community Christian Academy & Preschool
(Baptist)1.1 mi | 67 students | Gr. K-3
Somerset Rutgers Preparatory School
Somerset St. Matthias Elementary School
(Roman Catholic)1.8 mi | 552 students | Gr. K-9
Piscataway Yeshiva Shaarei Tzion Girls School
All-girls  (Jewish)1.9 mi | 192 students | Gr. K-9