Grades: 7-12 | 225 students
Lawrence School is a coeducational day school serving bright students in grades K-12 with language-based learning differences and attention deficits. Our mission is to teach students who have distinct learning styles, ignite their potential, and inspire academic and social success. We specialize in educating students who learn differently by accepting and affirming their unique learning styles, supporting them through their academic journey, and inspiring and motivating them to excel beyond what they would believe imaginable.
It is our goal to empower each student to explore their unique learning styles in order to gain the ability and confidence to successfully advocate for themselves, both in the classroom and in life beyond Lawrence School.
Upcoming Events and News:
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADHD|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $23,760 to $25,434 depending on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Douglas Hamilton|
|Admissions Associate||Glenda Bolling|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Golf,
- Is your bright child struggling in school? Lawrence School's proven methods for unique learners in Grades K-12 can help.
- At Lawrence, students with dyslexia, ADHD and other language-based learning differences receive an education that teaches to their distinct learning styles, ignites their potential, and inspires academic and social success. As a result, students who previously struggled in the classroom are suddenly engaged, motivated and confident in their ability to be successful learners.
- Children with learning differences have the ability to learn as well as anyone else. When they are educated in an environment that honors their individual learning styles, they succeed – even excel — and go on to experience achievement in schools, colleges and careers.
- Today, thousands of our children—born with the intelligence and talent to build great bridges, create new art, triumph in the business world and contribute greatly to our society—are struggling academically. But given the opportunity to learn and grow in a unique environment, these students are able to unlock their potential and succeed.
- At Lawrence School, we understand the unique needs – academic, social and emotional — of students with learning differences and attention deficits. Our specialized programs and methods are designed to help these students build confidence, advocate for themselves, and reach their full potential. There are over 300 schools like Lawrence across the country — but only one in northeast Ohio.
- If it is time for you and your child to discover success both inside and outside the classroom, consider learning at Lawrence.
Profile last updated: 06/29/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorthfieldGrades: PK-6 | 141 students
311 W Aurora Rd
Northfield, OH 44067
NorthfieldGrades: PK-8 | 694 students
9200 Olde 8 Rd
Northfield, OH 44067
926 E. Aurora Rd.
Macedonia, OH 44056
BedfordGrades: NS-6 | 81 students
7166 Dunham Rd
Bedford, OH 44146
TwinsburgGrades: KG-8 | 123 students
10429 Ravenna Road
Twinsburg, OH 44087
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.