Archbishop Carroll High School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||626 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||99% (DC School Avg.: 48%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Archbishop Carroll High School opened in 1951 and expressed the vision of the Most Reverend Patrick A. O’Boyle, the first Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Washington, who felt strongly that the Catholic Church should lead by example in the area of integration. Named in honor of Archbishop John Carroll, the first Catholic Archbishop in the United States, the school offered a college preparatory education for young men, regardless of race or ethnicity. For its first 40 years, the Augustinian Friars operated Archbishop Carroll and, along with lay faculty, taught students in a values-centered curriculum.
- In 1989, the Archdiocese of Washington merged several high schools -- Archbishop Carroll, All Saints, Mackin, and Holy Spirit – into one school on the Archbishop Carroll site, and, at that point, the school became co-educational. Today, Carroll enrolls more than 600 students, and it remains as the only high school owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Washington.
Related School News:
- MCGRUDER LEADS WILDCATS IN HOMECOMING - KStateFans.com (subscription)
posted on December 10, 2012 at 12:06:26 pm
KStateFans.com (subscription)MCGRUDER LEADS WILDCATS IN HOMECOMINGKStateFans.com (subscription)McGruder played the first three years of high school hoops at D.C.'s Archbishop ...
- K-State Plays First True Road Game At George Washington Saturday - WIBW
posted on December 7, 2012 at 05:42:21 am
K-State Plays First True Road Game At George Washington SaturdayWIBWThe game will also serve as a homecoming for McGruder, who grew up in the Washington, D.C. area ...
- Cool Schools: Worker Fairness Project
posted on February 4, 2011 at 02:14:19 pm
Lauren Hooper says her Social Justice class at Archbishop ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 5-12 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. Ungraded-PK | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. 7-9 | 0.5 mi. away