- Marine Science students learn from local anglers - 04/22/2015 - Thanks to the NOAA Oral Histories Grant that our school received, 8th grade Marine Science classes interviewed local fishermen and collected a history of recreational fishing in Tampa Bay through recordings and video.
- Two students earn local leadership scholarships - 04/22/2015 - The JSG Leadership Program is a scholarship based program which recognizes high school girls in Pinellas County who display community awareness and involvement, academic achievement, and embody the values and poise to represent the Suncoasters and the City of ...more
- Farragut wrestlers claim titles while making history - 04/22/2015 - Enmon and McGee, despite starting their journeys for different reasons and at different periods in their life, cemented themselves in history on the same day, becoming the first Admiral Farragut Academy wrestlers to win state titles.
- Farragut students change the world in a beary good way - 03/04/2015 - Approximately 40 students built and donated bears from Build-A-Bear to The Haven, a shelter in Clearwater for battered women and children affected by domestic violence.
- Farragut claims district team titles in boys and girls track & field - 04/22/2015 - Girl's team claimed first title in school history and boy's team secures another title.
- Upper School student achieves Girl Scout Gold Award - 04/22/2015 - Rachel Goldstein '16 earned her Girl Scout Gold Award which is the highest achievement that a Girl Scout may earn.
- Three student-athletes sign with colleges - 04/22/2015 - Please congratulate Brittany McGee '15 who signed with Stanford for track, Dontae McGee '15 who signed with Ohio University for wrestling, and Robert Enmon '15 who signed with San Francisco State for wrestling.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20%
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||46%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature, Environmental Science, Government / Economics, Microeconomics, Statistics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki and collared shirt and military uniform in Upper School)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||PreK 1/2 Day = $8,610 PreK & K = $12,100 1st - 5th = $15,050 6th & 7th = $18,550 8th - 12th = $21,325 8th - 12th 5-Day Boarding = $37,000 7-Day Boarding U.S. Citizen = $43,850 7-Day Boarding International = $46,850|
Starting in PreK at age 3, students benefit from achallenging and engaging academic curriculum, such as foreign languages (Mandarin Chinese and Spanish), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Marine Science at the campus' waterfront, hands-on field trips, and are all taught using a strong foundation of Character Education.
Once students reach 8th grade they may also enroll in signature academic programs like Aviation (including Dual Enrollment with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University), all levels of Scuba Diving, Sailing, Engineering, and Naval Jr. ROTC.
Farragut also has a strong 5 or 7-day boarding program for students starting in the 8th grade. Because Farragut is a Florida boarding and day school, the school attracts students from an average of 32 countries and 17 U.S. states. The national and international community makes attending Farragut a global experience.
With a 100% college acceptance rate, graduates from Farragut succeed in college as organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful critical thinkers who understand that dreams and hard work go hand in hand.
Summer Camps: Fun and educational day camps for PreK-9th graders on our waterfront campus. Lunch included. 8th-12th grade students may also experience boarding school over the summer while earning high school credit and going on weekday and weekend excursions! Learn more at www.farragut.org/summer.
Profile last updated: 04/22/2015
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Saint PetersburgPasadena Community Church School
112 70th St South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33707
(727)345-3167(Methodist)0.9 mi | 222 students | Gr. PK-4
Saint PetersburgArgonauta Christian School
6646 1st Ave S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33707
(727)347-8783Alternative School (Christian)1.1 mi | 27 students | Gr. K-6
Saint PetersburgSt. Petersburg Catholic High School
6333 9th Avenue N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33710
(727)344-4065(Roman Catholic)1.4 mi | 551 students | Gr. 9-12
St PetersburgSt Jude Cathedral School
600 58th St N
St Petersburg, FL 33710
(727)347-8622(Roman Catholic)2 mi | 386 students | Gr. PK-8
Saint PetersburgGulfcoast SDA School
6001 7th Ave S
Saint Petersburg, FL 33707
(727)345-2141(Seventh-Day Adventist)2.1 mi | 17 students | Gr. K-8