Holy Comforter Episcopal School Inc
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||595 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||19% (FL School Avg.: 37%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||56%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2011-2012 ranged by grade from $5688 - $9570|
|Admissions Director||Nena Martinez|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Derstine, Registrar|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||7 extracurriculars|
|Certamen||Duct Tape Club|
|Flag Football||Jr. Beta Club|
|Knitting Club||Robotics League|
- HCES has a long history of academic excellence by offering an enriched learning environment based on Christian principles enhancing the mind, body and spirit of all of our students. At HCES we strive to instill habits and attitudes conducive to academic achievement, responsible behavior, positive nurturing relationships, respect for others and maturity. Our goal is to educate the whole child.
- All students in grades PK-3 through 4th grade study Spanish. In 5th grade students spend time exploring Spanish, Latin and French. In Middle School, all students study at least one foreign language.
- Students 5th grade and below receive instruction from Specialist teachers in Physical Education, Art, Music, and Spanish.
- Technology is integrated into instruction beginning in Kindergarten. There are currently over 300 lap-top computers and 78 mobile devices on campus.
- The Middle School Rotating Block Schedule allows for a longer time per class with more time for application and higher level thinking skills.
Profile last updated: 10/04/2011
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 2.7 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.7 mi. away
Gr. 5-8 | 2.8 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 2.8 mi. away
- December 11,2012 - When my wife and I first visited Holy Comforter I said, "I can''t imagine sending my children anywhere else." Six years later I feel exactly the same way. Holy Comforter is exceptional academically and has a uniquely caring and inviting atmosphere. I am continually amazed by the capabilities and commitment of their faculty and administration.*-Posted by Parent *