Watch School Video:
The Geneva School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||452 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (FL School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|AP Calculus AB||AP Calculus BC|
|AP Chemistry||AP English Language/Comp|
|AP English Literature/Comp||AP Latin|
|AP Physics C||AP Studio Art Portfolio|
|AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1842|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,525|
|Tuition Notes||K4: $5,500 K: $9,095 1 - 6: $11,525 7 - 12: $11,660|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,300|
|Admissions Director||Patti Rader|
|Admissions Associate||Candace Houk|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||9 extracurriculars|
|Debate Club||Latin Club|
|Math Counts / Math Club||Mu Alpha Theta|
|National Honor Art Society||National Honor Society|
|Orchestra||The Round Table (Student Council)|
- MISSION STATEMENT: The Geneva School seeks to provide students in grades K4-12 an extraordinary education, by means of an integrated curriculum, pedagogy and culture, both distinctly classical and distinctively Christian, that pursues goodness, truth and beauty in all spheres of life, while viewing these spheres as elements of a divinely ordered whole.
- VISION STATEMENT: The Geneva School seeks to become an educational institution of scholastic and cultural gravitas, of extraordinary and exemplary virtuous scholars, a formidable force in the expansion and enrichment of Christï¿½s Kingdom, in the life both of the individual and of the world.
- VALUES STATEMENT: The Geneva School seeks to instill in the educational community it cultivates an enduring love of learning, a commitment to serve others and a dedication to the pursuit of religious truth, moral goodness and aesthetic beauty, forged from historical models of orthodox Christianity.
Profile last updated: 03/18/2013
Related School Videos:
Geneva's Christian world view
1 year ago.
Investing: A Geneva Faculty Distinctive
1 year ago.
What does the "classical" mean?
1 year ago.
Feels Like Home
1 year ago.
Facebook School Page:
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 5-12 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 1.8 mi. away
- December 11,2012 - My daughters have been going to Geneva for almost 6 years. The caliber of teachers and the substance of the school curriculum have kept us coming back. We also love the size of the school with regard to the number of children. It has enabled us to get to know the parents of other children in my daughters'' classes. Their emphasis on the Bible as well as historical happenings of both the world and our country will enable my children to have a much broader perspective about life than just their own experiences. We love The Geneva School.*-Posted by Parent *
- December 11,2012 - Our two boys have been attending The Geneva School for over two years now, and we are very happy with the education they are receiving. Three things stand out about The Geneva School: First, the teachers are well educated and completely dedicated to providing the best education they can. Second, the curriculum is organized around a principled approach that ties together history, science, and the humanities in a way that allows the students to see connections that they normally would not see at this age. Third, and finally, being smart and loving to learn is "cool" at The Geneva School, without, however, creating a "pressure cooker" atmosphere. Instead, everyone''s strengths are acknowledged, and any weakness addressed in a kind and supportive manner by everyone, from the Principal and the Dean of Students, through the teachers and staff, and ultimately by the fellow students. I couldn''t imagine a better environment for learning! I went to an excellent school, and I often wish that I could have gone to the Geneva School instead!*-Posted by Parent *
- December 11,2012 - My children are attending Geneva this year for the first time. We are new to Florida and didn''t have a great experience with the public schools. Upon entering the doors of Geneva I knew God had led us there. The staff is unbelievable and available always! From the first day my children were welcomed and loved as if they''d been there all along. The classical education integrated with the bible that then crosses all subjects is just amazing. My children love The Geneva school and we do too. We know that here they can truly become the amazing people that God made them to be.*-Posted by Parent *
- December 11,2012 - The best education in Central FL (and beyond) for sure. From K-4 to 12th grade, Geneva surrounds its students with impeccable faculty and staff. With its integrated curriculum, we are thrilled with what our children are learning and how they are learning. As for sports, we are ranked 12th overall in the state in our division. Out of 120+ schools, we have some talent!*-Posted by Parent *