Grades: NS-12 | 935 students
Stratford's youngest learners begin in our preschool division which houses our Beginners (3 year olds), Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs.
Stratford Fine Arts Department presents three productions each year utlizing students from grades 1-12.
Students begin a journey of lifetime learning at Stratford by being taught 'how to think', not 'what to think.'
With 15 varsity sports programs, Stratford athletic teams have amassed 188 state titles in 50 years of competitions.
Since its founding in 1960, Stratford Academy's core purpose has been to provide superior preparation for our students to excel at college and in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||935 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP French, AP Geography, AP Latin, AP Modern European History, AP Music Theory, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Language and Composition, Language and Literature, U.S. Government and Politics,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from $4,975 to $12,158 depending on the chosen payment plan and the grade of the student.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Lori Palmer|
|Admissions Associate||Marilyn Holton-Walker|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Community Service Clubs, Debate Team, Drama Club, Ecology Club, Film Club, Foreign Language Club, French Club, French Honor Society, Global and Community Awareness Club, Journalism Club, Junior Beta Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Latin Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Literary Teams, Math Teams, Pep Club, Personal Finance and Investment Club, Quiz Bowl Teams, SALSA, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Activities Board, Student Issues Board, Writers' Guild, Yearbook Beta Club, Debate Team, Drama Club, Ecology Club, Film Club, French Club, Key Club, Latin Club, Literary Teams, Math Teams, Pep Club, SALSA, Spanish Club, Writers' Guild, Yearbook, Community Service Clubs,
Foreign Language Club,
French Honor Society,
Global and Community Awareness Club,
Junior Beta Club,
Latin Honor Society,
Personal Finance and Investment Club,
Quiz Bowl Teams,
Spanish Honor Society,
Student Activities Board,
Student Issues Board,
- Stratford History
- Stratford Academy was founded in 1960 by a group of Macon parents who felt that the Middle Georgia area needed an independent college preparatory school. In September of 1960, the school opened its doors to 117 students and 17 faculty members in the antebellum Overlook Mansion on Coleman Hill in Macon's historic district. Thirteen students became Stratford's first alumni in 1962, and since that time more than 3,200 young people have been graduated from the school.
- The current facilities were built in 1974 on more than seventy acres of wooded land in northwest Bibb County. The school completed its move when the Lower School and Kindergarten came to the campus in 1978. The new buildings represent a contemporary contrast to Overlook Mansion and house the four school divisions: Preschool, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School. Completed in August 2000, the 17,500 square foot Olson Library continues the tradition of excellence by providing a state-of-the-art facility that creates a superior learning environment and provides the best in education experience for Stratford students. In 2011, Stratford opened its state-of-the-art Science Center for students in grades 6-12. The final piece to the campus master plan is the 28,000-square-foot Cantrell Lower School which will open in the fall of 2016.
- Today, Stratford is a school community of 920 students and more than 100 faculty and staff. Graduating classes boast 100 percent matriculation at colleges and universities in Georgia and across the U.S.
- The school is a member of the NAIS, SACS, GHSA, GISA, SAIS, and the College Board. In 1982, Stratford earned accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated: 08/18/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MaconGrades: PK-12 | 958 students
5671 Calvin Drive
Macon, GA 31210
MaconGrades: NS-3 | 73 students
501 Bass Road
Macon, GA 31210
MaconGrades: PK-12 | 79 students
5859 Thomaston Road
Macon, GA 31220
MaconGrades: PK-12 | 628 students
111 Trojan Trl
Macon, GA 31210
MaconGrades: PK-12 | 394 students
4652 Ayers Road
Macon, GA 31210
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.