|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||9%
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition information.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Study Club, Annual Spring Musical, Band Instruction, Children's Choir, Leadership Academy, Lego League Robotics Team, Scholastic Bowl Team, Scouts, Speech Team, Student Council (6-8), Yearbook Club Scouts, Speech Team, Yearbook Club, After School Study Club,
Annual Spring Musical,
Lego League Robotics Team,
Scholastic Bowl Team,
Student Council (6-8),
- Strong faith formation program which intertwines daily instruction, prayer, and reflection to deepen students' Catholic identity while increasing their awareness of different cultures and faith.
- K-8 Writing/Composition Program developed by and supported through the work of Lucy Calkins and the "Teachers Reading and Writing Project" of Teachers College Columbia University. Students in K-8 receive daily instruction and practice in writing, plus are exposed to a variety of literary genres.
- Strong Math program in which K-5th grade students receive the Math in Focus program (a Singapore Approach) and 6th-8th grade receive instruction in Pre-Algebra and Algebra.
- Illinois Virtual School is offered to qualifying middle school students in math.
- Technology embedded throughout the curriculum to maximize learning opportunities in all content areas. Supported through: a Technology Integration Specialist, 5 Computer on Wheels laptop mobile labs, 6 stationary computers/classroom, and RenWeb (a web-based system allowing parents to access lesson plans, homework, grades, announcements, etc.).
- Measures of Academic Progress standardized testing.
- New science lab is the foundation for the school's premier STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) middle school instructional program.
- Using a curriculum developed by Lego Education, students in grades 1-8 actively engage in STEM based instruction. Elementary learners in grades 1-4 engage in WeDo Robotics through a cross-curricular set and series of theme-based activities in the areas of math, science, technology, and engineering, as well as language arts, literacy, and social studies. Upper elementary students in grades 5-8 engage in Mindstorms EV3 which enables students to build, program, and test their solutions based on real life robotics technology.
- IMSA FUSION is an after-school enrichment program for Illinois students who are talented, interested, and motivated in mathematics and science. In addition to the after school sessions, students also participate in related field trips, career webinars, and other enrichment activities. IMSA FUSION is designed for talented and motivated late elementary and middle level students who are committed to challenging themselves in mathematics and science. By design, the IMSA FUSION curriculum is inquiry based, problem centered, and integrative. The learning experiences focus on helping students "learn how to learn" and emphasize logic, mathematical thinking and experimental scientific thinking. Topics relate to the students' lives, thereby arousing their curiosity and increasing their motivation to learn in mathematics and science."
- Modified block scheduling for middle school students to provide a structure that increases student learning and helps develop key work habits, such as goal setting, planning, priortizing, and managing time.
Profile last updated: 09/07/2013
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Peoria Florence KinderCare
1125 West Florence Avenue
Peoria , IL , 61604
(309)682-5669Early Childhood / Day Cares0.3 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
PeoriaPals-praise And Leadership School
3601 N North St
Peoria , IL , 61604
(309)688-4149Early Childhood / Day Cares (Christian)0.6 mi | 101 students | Gr. PK-K
PeoriaMontessori Children's House Of Peoria
3601 N. North St.
Peoria , IL , 61604
(309)685-8995Montessori School0.6 mi | 69 students | Gr. PK-6
PeoriaPeoria Christian School
3506 N California Avenue
Peoria , IL , 61603
(309)686-4500(Christian)1 mi | 888 students | Gr. PK-12
PeoriaHoly Family Parish School
2329 W Reservoir Blvd
Peoria , IL , 61615
(309)688-2931(Roman Catholic)1.2 mi | 266 students | Gr. K-9