- The Solomon Schechter School of Queens is a religious educational institution for Jewish children in grades Pre-K-8, affiliated with the Solomon Schechter Day School Association of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
- Our approach to worship and ritual is fully egalitarian.
- We are committed to the highest standards of academic excellence in all of our Judaic and general instruction, programs and activities.
- Our integrated, dual-language curriculum combines the best of innovative and traditional teaching methods to create challenging learning experiences.
- Our staff provides a nurturing, respectful and stimulating environment.
- As an American Jewish Day School, we aim at educating Jewish youth loyal to our country and devoted to the State of Israel and the Jewish people.
- We prepare our students to live in accordance with the Jewish values of God, Torah and Israel, identify with the Conservative movement and support Jewish pluralism.
- In partnership with family, synagogue and the community, we prepare knowledgeable, committed Jews and responsible citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1