Grades: K-8 | 356 students
- Southwest Chicago Christian School Association (SCCS) has been providing Christ-centered education on the Southwest side of Chicagoland for over 115 years.
- The mission of SCCS is to provide a high quality education program in the Reformed tradition emphasizing the lordship of Jesus Christ over all of life, preparing students spiritually, socially, academically, and physically to serve society effectively and glorifying God by honoring Him in all aspects of life.
- The vision is to be a Christ-centered learning community intent on restoring God's world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Limited Assistance for Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress Code Policy; modest attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jun. 29|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Admissions for tuition information|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Wilma Persenaire|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Waterlander|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care, Art Festivals, Intramurals, Plays/Musicals, Yearbook Art Festivals, Intramurals, Plays/Musicals, Yearbook, After School Care,
- The SCCS private school system serves about 800 students among three campuses in the communities of Oak Lawn (Preschool - 8), Tinley Park (K-8) and Palos Heights (9-12). Each school offers a broad educational program including core curricular subjects as well as Bible, art, music, computer science, physical education, and many co-curricular activities. The school is a certified Project Lead The Way school, offering STEM (Science, Technology, Engineerying, Math) courses at the middle school and high school levels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DyerGrades: PK-10 | 180 students
735 213th St
Dyer, IN 46311
Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
HillsideGrades: PK-8 | 83 students
2329 S Wolf Road
Hillside, IL 60162
Orland HillsGrades: PK-7 | 155 students
9001 159th St
Orland Hills, IL 60487
FrankfortGrades: PK-12 | 67 students
21739 S Lagrange Road
Frankfort, IL 60423
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.