Grades: PK-8 | 371 students
- St. Alexander School is a Catholic Elementary school that rests on a 12 acre site with St. Alexander Parish, just North of 127th and Harlem Avenue.
- It was founded with the Parish in June of 1959 with the appointment of Father Hanton by Archbishop Albert Cardinal Meyer.
- Father Hanton selected the name "St. Alexander" in honor of the third century pope and his own deceased father and brother who bore the same name.
- Our school has continued to provide an excellent academic, religious and moral foundation for our children.
- We strive to offer a curriculum meeting the needs of the whole child -- spiritually, academically, socially and physically -- and to work toward each student's realization of his/her potential in these areas.
- In cooperation with parents, the school fosters an atmosphere of love, respect and service where the message of Christ is taught and lived and community worship is an integral part of the religious education program.
- Through their Catholic education, the students learn responsibility and an appreciation of their family, school, parish, community and world.
- This is the mission of St. Alexander School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||371 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LisleGrades: PK-8 | 728 students
4913 Columbia Avenue
Lisle, IL 60532
Western SpringsGrades: K-9 | 698 students
708 51st St
Western Springs, IL 60558
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.