Grades: NS-12 | 498 students
- St. Andrew`s Episcopal School endeavors to provide a comprehensive co-educational college preparatory program for preschool through twelfth grade in an inclusive environment that embodies the faith and perspective of the Episcopal Church.
- The school seeks a broadly diverse community to promote educational excellence.
- St. Andrew`s programs are designed to serve students of varied interests and abilities capable of achievement in a challenging academic environment.
- To create such an environment, St. Andrew`s supports a dedicated faculty and administration who respect and appreciate students.
- St. Andrew`s strives to challenge and support all of its students in a balanced program to nurture their academic, artistic, athletic, and spiritual growth.
- The school believes that developing each individual`s intellect, character, and sense of self-worth encourages each to live a creative and compassionate life.
- Because St. Andrew`s values the benefits of community, the school encourages students to lead lives of responsibility to each other and to the larger community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||498 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No jeans or sweatpants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8990 to $35990|
|Admissions Director||Julie Jameson|
|Admissions Associate||Aileen Moodie|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- The mission of St. Andrew's Episcopal School is to know and inspire each child in an inclusive community dedicated to exceptional teaching, learning, and service.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
PotomacGrades: 3-12 | 474 students
10400 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 664 students
7303 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
GaithersburgGrades: K-12 | 207 students
200 W. Diamond Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Great school, healthy emphasis on academics and emotional well being. Great quality teachers
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Conce
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.