Grades: NS-8 | 438 students
- Saint Christine School, established in Youngstown, Ohio in 1955, continues the educational mission to lead students to know God and to live the Gospel message each day.
- Like our patron Saint Christina, our school continues to proclaim the message of faith in a loving and caring atmosphere which has become an integral part of the southwest corner of Youngstown for over fifty years.
- Our school is staffed by committed teachers who are dedicated to its success and that of its students, continuing the ministry of education begun by the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent DePaul almost fifty years ago.
- Our parish is blessed to have a wonderful school with a dedicated staff because it is here that the faith, the morals, and values of our church are taught and lived.
- The word of God is proclaimed daily and the call to make new disciples is answered.
- Saint Christine School follows the National Catholic Education Association position statement to work for academic excellence and educate students intellectually and socially in our technological and global society.
- The state of the art curriculum includes the use of laser disc machines, closed circuit television, digital projectors for classroom presentations and a fully equipped computer lab.
- In addition, each classroom has a computer with internet accessibility for student use.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||438 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,800|
|Tuition Notes||$2800 Parishioner Tuition Rate $4350 Non-Parishioner Tuition Rate|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jeanette Lukes|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
StruthersGrades: KG-8 | 156 students
762 5th St
Struthers, OH 44471
YoungstownGrades: PK-8 | 219 students
5225 South Avenue
Youngstown, OH 44514
YoungstownGrades: K-12 | 621 students
4401 Southern Blvd
Youngstown, OH 44512
YoungstownGrades: K-8 | 260 students
2731 Center Road
Youngstown, OH 44514
AustintownGrades: K-8 | 191 students
4470 Norquest Blvd
Austintown, OH 44515
My name is Christina Carzoo and I am a sophomore in high school. I was in St.Christine's for 2 or 3 years and Probably did not leave the best impression of me to them. When I was at this school, the teachers, especially Mrs.Scrocco, Mrs.Demarco, and Mrs. Kramer, did everything in their power to help me and it was only recently that I realized this. The classes are fantastic and the teachers are even better. I am an Honor Student at Westminster High School in Westminster Maryland with 3 a's and 1 b. I would definately reccomend this school to anyone who is looking for a Roman Catholic School with the best quality classes. I would also like to give a shout out to all of my teachers and friends who are reading this...God Bless you all and have a very merry Christmas. I love you all and hope you all stay safe!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ccarz
My wife and I decided to send our children to St. Christine starting in preschool not because our local schools (Canfield) are not excellent but because they did not provide the faith education or the family/community feel that the staff and other parents gave us at this school. We wanted more for our children including appropriate discipline, faith, tough academics, sports, etc. We had two children go through the school over the past 12 years and found that it met our expectations and more. Our children have since graduated and have done well in high school with their honor courses. Our son tested out of the honors algebra class going into the ninth grade and started high school with a 5.0 GPA. Our daughter graduated from high school last year with a great GPA, as a National Honor Society member and she received a substantial academic scholarship at her University. Our children participated in all the sports programs, plays and the band at St. Christine which we believe help developed them physically, mentally and play (or played) high school sports. If you are looking for a loving, caring, academically strong school for your children I highly recommend St. Christine.
- Posted by Parent - kg381
Our children having been attending St. Christine since preschool and we have been extremely pleased. It is a great school with quality academic programs. They have a wonderful music department and a fine athletic program. We would highly recommend St. Christine school to any family looking for a Catholic school in the area.
- Posted by Parent - peppi
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.