Grades: PK-8 | 331 students
- The history of St. Ignatius School in Grand Coteau goes back more than a century.
- It had its beginning on Easter Monday, April 7, 1890, under the guidance of the Religious of the Sacred Heart.
- The school was then called Sacred Heart Parochial, which was the name of the parish church at that time.
- The name of the school was changed from Sacred Heart Parochial School to St. Ignatius School.
- This was done in honor of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus whose priests are the administrators of the church parish.
- St. Ignatius is also the patron saint of schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LafayetteGrades: PK-8 | 561 students
502 Saint Leo St
Lafayette, LA 70501
LafayetteGrades: PK-12 | 743 students
220 Portland Ave
Lafayette, LA 70507
CarencroGrades: NS-8 | 416 students
200 W Saint Peter Street
Carencro, LA 70520
I graduated in 1968 and very proud of the fact I attended St Ignatius school . I use my knowledge of ethics and honor still today in my daily life ! I'm 61 years old, retired, still married to the same person for 38 years . We have 4 children .
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rapha
I am the grandfather of Riley Guidry and I am amazed and very happy to see what she has accomplished so far. My wife Rhonda and I plan on being very involved in all of her school and every day activities. Please keep up the good work. Thank You Mark Patin
- Posted by Parent - mark.
I am a seventh grade student at this school. The amount of students in whole school and the number of students in every grade is incorrect. We go to the grades of Pre-K for three year old children to eighth grade. This school is a really great one. We receive knew students in my class every year. This school is great!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mcl12
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.