- St. James Lutheran School serves students in preschool through eighth grade.
- Our curriculum and culture are expressed through four disciplines - Academic, Faith, Character and Health.
- In this way we develop the cognitive, spiritual, social/emotional and physical attributes of the person.
- All of the this takes place in the context of a Christian community. Our mission is to provide a challenging academic education and teach Christian values to prepare our students for success throughout life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,695|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition breakdown by program. school.stjames-lutheran.org/tuition|
|Admissions Director||Kate Donovan|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Clubs (Chess, Math, Writing, etc.), Guitar, Piano, Scouting, Violin Guitar, Piano, Scouting, Violin, Academic Clubs (Chess, Math, Writing, etc.),
- We believe that every child needs to develop the skills and abilities for a life of vocation in service to God and neighbor. No child is too young to begin this process of exploration and growth. While the family is the primary place for learning, the Lutheran School provides a framework to accomplish this growth with a loving and caring commitment to the development of the whole child.
- We align our education outcomes with the Common Core Standards adopted by the state of Illinois and augmented by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Our curriculum seeks to use the best research-based strategies to challenge students for excellence in the learning process.
- Success is evidenced by a student's ability to master knowledge, think critically and creatively express themselves while fulfilling the Standards.
- We further believe that every child is only able to fulfill their potential when the education is experienced in the context of God's grace and forgiveness. In baptism we are called into our vocation. The baptized life is one of devotion to truth, goodness and beauty. They dynamic between vocation and mastery of the education standards results in a person who truly is best able to succeed.
- Our mission is to provide a Liberal Arts education and teach Christian Values to prepare our students for success throughout life.
- Our students are exposed to a range of academic disciplines that require them to master specific information, be able to think critically about the information, and develop the skills to creatively express themselves using the information.
- The disciplines preparing a student for success in the competitive environment of the 21st century include language (grammar and reading), literature, mathematics, sciences (natural and applies), history, physical education, art and music.
- The education process is founded in the truth of Jesus Christ as savior as presented in the Holy Bible. We teach that the fullness of our humanity is expressed in baptism and nurtured by the Holy Spirit to develop each person's potential to live in vocation loving God and loving neighbor.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 396 students
1710 W Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60613
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 519 students
1434 W Division Street
Chicago, IL 60642
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 944 students
751 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
6143 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634
ChicagoGrades: PK-10 | 115 students
5220 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.