Grades: PK-8 | 520 students
- St. John the Baptist Catholic School offers education from preschool through eighth grade.
- Our students encounter learning in a spiritual and enriching environment.
- Class sizes average in the low 20's per room; therefore, the teachers develop a great understanding of each individual child in their classroom.
- In addition to gaining academic skills and experience, the students are engaged in the learning process and encouraged to develop intellectual interest as well as analytical skills.
- Our goal is to have our students grow in their faith, build self-respect and learn how to care for others.
- The students at St. John's consistently score well above the state and national levels on their standardized tests.
- The eighth grade students feed into about 12 different private and public high schools, and over 80% of the St. John's graduates take Advanced Placement classes in high school.
- At St. John's we genuinely care for another and we work hard at supporting each other - faculty-to-faculty, student-to-student and faculty-to-student.
- We work hard to help our students feel happy, safe, supported and appreciated.
- We make every effort to instill Christian values in our students through our words and actions. When you visit St. John's, you will see first-hand that our school is different! It is a great place for our young people to grow up.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||520 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy/Khaki bottoms and white tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,464|
|Tuition Notes||Call the school office at 952.890.6604.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
- It is the mission of St. John's Catholic School to work with parents to educate children in all aspects of their lives through faith, academic excellence and values. We help children discover and live up to their full potential developing responsibility, respect for self and others with a sense of gratitude. We express this in Christ-like service to the community. At St. John the Baptist School, the faculty considers the mission entrusted by Jesus to His Church of prime importance. Our goal in education is to proclaim the Good News, to form community, and translate this teaching into service. We believe that education should enkindle faith, making it living and viable. In the course of instruction, emphasis is placed on the relation of human culture to the events in salvation history, thus providing continuity of the past within the present.
Profile last updated: 12/02/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JordanGrades: PK-6 | 109 students
215 Broadway St N
Jordan, MN 55352
ShakopeeGrades: PK-8 | 721 students
2700 17th Ave E
Shakopee, MN 55379
MinneapolisGrades: K-12 | 233 students
4300 W 98th St
Minneapolis, MN 55437
ShakopeeGrades: PK-4 | 130 students
8600 Horizon Dr
Shakopee, MN 55379
EaganGrades: K-8 | 525 students
3355 Columbia Dr
Eagan, MN 55121
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.