Grades: NS-8 | 450 students
An award-winning PreK- Grade 8 program, St. Joseph School is a Catholic community that offers students a challenging academic education while building their love of God and commitment to improving the world.
We educate the whole student – mind, body and spirit – and encourage each child to become the person God calls him or her to be.
Ultimately, our goal is to prepare children for academic and personal success in a faith-filled, nurturing environment.
Our community spirit is unequaled.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(plaid uniform and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,030|
|Tuition Notes||Multi-student discount available: Grade 1-8 - 2 students - $6,040 total Grade 1-8 - 3 students - $7,450 total Grade 1-8 - 4 students - $8,055 total|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alter Servers, Band, Book Clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Hand Bell Choir, Liturgical Choir, Piano, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Spirt Squad, Student Council, Writing Club, "Mathletes" Math Club, No-Cut Sports, Extended Care Alter Servers, Band, Book Clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Hand Bell Choir, Liturgical Choir, Piano, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Spirt Squad, Student Council, Writing Club,
"Mathletes" Math Club, No-Cut Sports, Extended Care,
- Excellent Academics
- Our graduates excel in high school, earning awards and scholarships:
- - SJS alums regularly earn honors, including being named valedictorians at local high schools, National Merit Award winners and recipients of community awards.
- - Each year, SJS alums earn approximately $500,000 in college scholarships.
- - Kindergarten Plus gives students an all-day Kindergarten option for extended learning opportunities and activities.
- - Our average class size is 23 students, offering a personalized approach to learning.
- - Our faculty regularly wins awards offered by the Diocese and local organizations.
- - Spanish is taught in all grades, K-8.
- - In 2013, SJS students earned one “Gold Award” and one “Silver Award” at the IL State Science Fair.
- - Fine arts and computer science give students a well-rounded education in music, art and technology.
- Faith Formation
- - Catholic values are emphasized in all spiritual, educational and extracurricular activities.
- - All-school Masses, celebrated on Tuesdays and Holy Days at 8:15 am, give 8th grade students the opportunity to take an active role as lectors, sacristans and ushers, while students from all grades participate in other parts of Mass.
- - Sacramental preparation is incorporated into the school day.
- - Students participate in prayer services, rosary, Stations of the Cross, May Crowning and Reconciliation.
- - Service projects help students live their faith and are built into the curricula.
- Extracurricular Activities
- - Extended Care offers students an extended day of 7 am - 6 pm – a convenient option for working parents.
- - Our award-winning, no-cut sports program is offered to students in grades 5 - 8, including volleyball, football, cross country, basketball and track.
- - Representative students from grades 5 - 8 can be part of Student Council, which sponsors student and community outreach activities.
- - The award-winning “Mathletes” Math Club is lead by Mrs. Phelan in Middle School.
- - Liturgical Choir includes students in grades 5 - 8; its role is leading the congregation in song at all-school Mass.
- - Hand Bell Choir is open to students in grades 5 - 8; it performs at some all-school Masses and at Christmas.
- - Students can train to be altar servers in 5th grade; they serve weekend, school Masses, weddings and funerals.
- - Band is offered to students beginning in 4th grade; it is incorporated into the school day.
- - Boy/Girl Scouts are open to all St. Joseph students beginning as early as Kindergarten or 1st grade.
- - Grade 4 Spirit Club cheers on school athletic teams at events throughout the year; Keyboarding, Book Club and Writing Club are available in some grades based on parent volunteers.
- Parental Support
- - School Advisory Board is group that meets monthly with the principal, president and pastor regardingthe policy and progress of the school; nine board members hold positions for three years.
- - Parent Forum coordinates volunteers for school programs and special events.
- - The Athletic and Booster organization coordinates athletic programs.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Downers GroveGrades: PK-8 | 554 students
440 Prairie Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
WestmontGrades: PK-8 | 203 students
108 S Linden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
NapervilleGrades: K-9 | 618 students
201 E Franklin Ave
Naperville, IL 60540
HinsdaleGrades: KG-8 | 536 students
421 S Clay St
Hinsdale, IL 60521
LisleGrades: PK-8 | 728 students
4913 Columbia Avenue
Lisle, IL 60532