Grades: PK-8 | 89 students
Small class sizes A viable school with growing programs Dedicated and caring teachers and staff An iPad mini for each student Daily on-site hot lunch Pre-K to 8th grades Full day Kindergarten 3 and 4 year old full-day Pre-K program Spanish, Technology, Physical Education, Music and Art Bus service for students living in the Gibraltar School District Tuition Assistance CYO Sports Clubs and activities: Technology Club, Band, Cheerleading, Lego Club, Minecraft Club, Running Club and more.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School has two dress code providers.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||School offers both in and out of parish tuition rates, discount for multiple children. Many tuition assistance options are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Theresa Stager|
|Admissions Associate||Jocelyn Heggie|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Bowling, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Junior Hockey, Lego Club, Math Counts, Minecraft Club, National Junior Honor Society, Running Club, Science Club, TED-Ed Club, Technology Club Band, Bowling, Cheerleading, Choir, Craft Club, Junior Hockey, Lego Club, Math Counts, Minecraft Club, Running Club, Science Club, TED-Ed Club, National Junior Honor Society,
What our families are saying:
- "This was one of the best decisions we could ever have made! St. Mary school has exceeded our expectations!"
- "We have a close-knit "family" here, made up of caring people whose goal is to educate our children so they demonstrate academic success while helping them develop a faith-filled foundation for their lives."
- "This school is a `treasure' and we are so thankful that God brought us here."
- "While we valued the religion we knew they would learn, we also wanted a solid academic education to prepare them for high school and beyond. The ethics, morals, and values that are intrinsic to the school have enforced what we strive to teach at home."
- "I know that our Catholic faith, the faith that our family holds so dear, is not just limited to a half hour religion class, but incorporated throughout the school day and that our motto, `Pray, Work, Study, and Play in Christ's name` is more than just a motto, it is an underlying guiding principle to every aspect of school life."
- "Our children are not only growing academically, socially, and physically, but they are blossoming spiritually as well in an environment where doing just that is not only tolerated, but encouraged. That, to me, is priceless."
- "When I get asked that question, "Is it worth it?" by my friends and family. Without hesitation, I answer, `Yes. There is no place else I'd rather they be.`"
Profile last updated: 01/29/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TrentonGrades: PK-3 | 78 students
2901 Manning St
Trenton, MI 48183
NewportGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
8125 Swan Creek Rd
Newport, MI 48166
TrentonGrades: KG-8 | 203 students
2675 3rd St
Trenton, MI 48183
RiverviewGrades: K-2 | 131 students
18888 Dix Toledo Hwy
Riverview, MI 48193
Grosse IleGrades: PK-KG | 112 students
9393 Church Rd
Grosse Ile, MI 48183
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.