Grades: PK-5 | 284 students
Welcome! With the opening of St. Mary’s School in 1908, by the Sisters of the Holy Union of the Sacred Heart, a legacy of Catholic education in the City of Taunton was born.Over the past one hundred years, our school has provided that special vision of life and learning rooted in faith to generations of students.
Throughout our rich history, our traditions, legacies and standards of excellence are the tenets that truly make our school special and unique in this millennium.
St. Mary’s Primary School is an accredited school of choice for students in our three-year old pre-kindergarten program through fifth grade.
Even though St. Mary’s is considered a parish school, students come from a multitude of area parishes, both Catholic and non-Catholic. It is the mission of St. Mary’s Primary School to provide our students with a challenging and quality education, within the framework of a caring, safe, and Christ-centered learning environment.
We strive to educate the whole child with emphasis on respecting the uniqueness of each individual in developing his/her personal potential.
Our commitment is to prepare and develop faith-filled, responsible citizens, and life-long learners who can meet the challenges of today’s diverse world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Drama Club, Extended Care Program, Girl's Scouts, Various After-School Programs Boy Scouts, Drama Club, Girl's Scouts, Extended Care Program,
Various After-School Programs,
- Celebrating 100 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education
- Safe, Caring and Christian Learning Environment
- Well-rounded and Challenging Academic Program
- Faith and Values-Based Curriculum
- State Certified Faculty
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc.
- Member of National Catholic Educator's Association
- Half & Full Day 3 & 4 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten Programs
- Full Day Kindergarten Program
- Before & After School Care Provided
- State-of-the-Art Technology Program
- Music, Art & Drama Programs
- Annual Drama Club Productions
- Strong Creative Writing Program
- Community Service Opportunities
- Student Enrichment/Extra-Curriculiar Programs
- Active School Life Parent's Organization
- Family-Oriented Activities