- St. Michael Special School is designed to help students with major learning difficulties which hinder their ability to achieve success in a regular class setting.
- We offer a wide range of programs and services to meet the individual needs of our students.
- The primary purpose of Catholic education is to transmit the authentic Christian faith and moral values in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To that end, we have adopted the following goals to develop in the student, a personal relationship with God through the teaching of religion and through prayer and worship.
- Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to develop their Catholic faith and to receive a high quality education which includes religious, academic, social, vocational and physical training.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GretnaGrades: PK-8 | 123 students
1517 Carol Sue Ave
Gretna, LA 70056
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 757 students
10125 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70123
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 278 students
4828 Utica St
Metairie, LA 70006
MarreroGrades: PK-12 | 159 students
812 Avenue F
Marrero, LA 70072
GretnaGrades: NS-8 | 458 students
3101 Wall Blvd
Gretna, LA 70056