Grades: PK-8 | 648 students
- St. Pius X School was founded in 1962 as a co-educational parish school and designated a regional school in 1990.
- Re-named the St. Pius X Regional School, it serves the registered, practicing, and contributing parishioners of Ascension, Sacred Heart, St. Edward's and St. Pius X Parishes.
- The philosophy of St. Pius X Regional School is based on the principle, that each child is a unique individual striving to develop spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- The faculty believes their purpose is to help instill in each child the desire to learn, to explore and to further his or her relationship with God and others.
- The mission of St. Pius X Regional School is to create a learning environment that gives the children the maximum opportunity for the development of their unlimited, God-given talents and gifts.
- The building of faith, values, service and academic excellence is clearly the cornerstone of the curriculum and the school community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||648 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BowieGrades: K-8 | 295 students
7210 Race Track Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
BowieGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
5004 Randonstone Lane
Bowie, MD 20715
Glenn DaleGrades: PK-8 | 402 students
11902 Daisy Ln
Glenn Dale, MD 20769
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
BowieGrades: PK-6 | 65 students
14210 Old Stage Road
Bowie, MD 20720
St. Pius X Regional School is an excellent elementary school. Two of our children attend 4th and 5th grade. The curriculum is challenging and engaging. There is a full science lab, several computer labs, iPads for use in classrooms, art room, gym, and large library. It is easy for parents to communicate with the teachers. There is ample opportunity to volunteer at the school. The children are given every opportunity to succeed in school. They learn respect for one another and learn about God's love for all. St. Pius offers numerous sports through CYO and clubs like STEM, Lego, Art, Chess, Scouts, and more. The administration keeps the parents informed about changes or future plans for the school through Home and School meetings as well as through the website. St. Pius X school is a real community.
- Posted by Parent - every
I have not yet enrolled my child in this school; but I plan to. I will be relocating to the area in a few months. And, when I called St. Pius X to get information about the program and admitting my child midyear, the staff went above and beyond to provide information and accommodate me in every way possible. I was very pleased with the answers that I was given and how I was treated despite not yet being an official part of the St. Pius X School community. What an excellent start to a possible academic relationship!
- Posted by Parent - MrsH2
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.