Grades: PK-8 | 360 students
Saint Theresa School offers an outstanding academic and faith-based education for children from pre-school through 8th grade.
Saint Theresa School strives to nurture the individual strengths of each child, helping them to develop strong minds, bodies and spirits.
Bound together in our Roman Catholic faith, the staff, teachers, and parents of Saint Theresa School and Parish are committed to providing a superior quality education founded in love and Christian faith.
We strive to nurture and develop students to become academically sound, strong in character, inclusive and socially responsible, and equipped to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ, in whom they will find purpose and joy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2015|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,341|
|Tuition Notes||Family rates for 2 and more children: 2 -$ 8,349 3 - $10,451 4 or more - $11,119|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Terri Kolbus|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- St. Theresa School in Palatine, Illinois, is a grade PK-8 educational institution serving 363 students. Our students are 95% Catholic and 5% non-Catholic. Sixty-two percent come from the Village of Palatine and the remaining come from 15 other zip codes in the Palatine area. Our families are less than 1% free and reduced lunch. Our young people are 84% white, 8% Asian, 7% two or more races, and less than 1% Hispanic or Latino and Black or African.
- The Village of Palatine is blessed with tremendous local resources including a vast Park District, a fantastic library two blocks from the school, and a vibrant Police and Fire Department who are actively involved in the schools. The local educational agency, Community Consolidated District 15, openly partners with the parents who enroll their children in our school. The District provides busing service to 83% of the students and is diligent about following through with educational testing and support services.
- The core of the mission of St. Theresa School is stated in our website and publications: "Bound together in our Roman Catholic faith,teachers and parents of St. Theresa School and Parish are committed to providing a superior quality education founded in love and Christian faith. We strive to nurture and develop students to become academically sound lifetime followers of Jesus Christ, in whom they will find purpose and joy." Our motto of "Learn Intellectually, Grow Physically, Soar Spiritually” summarizes our mission and spirit, drawing together of parents, teachers, and community to serve our students.
- Our school was founded in 1954 and has seen an evolution in our facilities and our programs. In 1999 a major addition was added to the school allowing us to expand our early childhood offerings. In 2001 the lower level of the school was updated including significant asbestos abatement. In 2008 the Learning Resource Center was expanded and updated to include more volumes a laptop lab.
- The Catholic identity of the school not only calls us to community, worship, and service, but also demands academic excellence. Recent and planned initiatives for academic improvement include adoption of the Common Core State Standards and movement toward a technologically blended learning environment for our students. In order to provide our students both support and challenge, we have designed our curriculum to be one that fosters respect for students’ talents in keeping with our mission. In addition to the standard reading, English and the language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science, our curriculum includes programming in world language, physical education, and the arts.
- St. Theresa School’s test scores on the Terra Nova reveal academic consistency throughout the educational program. Our composite seventh grade national percentile score is 91 with 97% of our students at our above the national mean. Our eighth graders’ 2013 composite EXPLORE score is 19.4. Our students enroll in a variety of high schools in Township High School District 211, St. Viator High School, The Willows Academy, and other local private high schools. Over 99% of our students successfully complete high school and proceed to college.
- The faculty is committed to the mission of the school and to growing as educators. The school employs 24 teaching faculty and four teacher aides. Within the faculty over 40% hold masters degrees and 30% have been on the faculty for 10 years or more. Our faculty is especially focused on holding high learning and behavioral standards for the students and providing the students with the means to meet these high standards. The teachers are also adept at identifying individual learning needs and using technology support and respond to students’ learning needs.
- The whole community is welcomed to be an active part of St. Theresa School. Through extensive parent involvement and close relationships with the parish, the community stays aware of what is occurring in the school. Community members are invited to participate in school activities and the school children engage in regular service to those in need in the community.
- St. Theresa School tends to the whole child. For working parents, the school offers before and after school care along with significant enrichment activities after school including programs in science, world languages, athletics, and the arts. In 2006 St. Theresa School was named a Blue Ribbon School of excellence. Committed to continued growth, we work toward improvement in development of technology in our infrastructure and in our instruction, realignment of our curriculum to the Common Core State Standards, and a continual focus on character education.
- For a further understanding of St. Theresa School, we invite you to our website: www.sttheresachool.com.
Profile last updated: 10/19/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PalatineGrades: NS-8 | 273 students
500 N Benton St
Palatine, IL 60067
PalatineGrades: PK-8 | 440 students
200 N Plum Grove Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
PalatineGrades: PK-KG | 76 students
12 S Linden Ave
Palatine, IL 60074
PalatineGrades: NS-PK | 102 students
929 E. Palatine Rd.
Palatine, IL 60067
838 North Quentin Rd.
Palatine, IL 60067
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.