Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
- St. Thomas More School officially opened on September 19, 1960 with Grades 1 - 5.
- One new grade was added each year thereafter until the school reached the capacity of eight grades.
- St. Thomas More School follows the Diocese of Rockford guidelines for our academic curriculum.
- We also offer library, computer, music, band, physical education, and art enrichment classes.
- Students have religion classes on a daily basis and Mass is incorporated regularly into the curriculum.
- Our Kindergarten Program is full day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElginGrades: PK-12 | 418 students
2700 W Highland Avenue
Elgin, IL 60124
ElginGrades: PK-5 | 38 students
1111 Van Street
Elgin, IL 60123
ElginGrades: K-9 | 168 students
103 S Gifford St
Elgin, IL 60120
School is real solid from top to bottom. Great atmosphere. I would like to add that the school class size is approx.: 20-30 children per grade, with an average of about 25. There are many programs, specials, and sports that make the school even a better experience for your child. If considering your options give St. Thomas More a good look.
- Posted by Parent - redel
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.