Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
- St. Thomas More School officially opened on September 19, 1960 with Grades 1 - 5.
- One new grade was added each year thereafter until the school reached the capacity of eight grades.
- St. Thomas More School follows the Diocese of Rockford guidelines for our academic curriculum.
- We also offer library, computer, music, band, physical education, and art enrichment classes.
- Students have religion classes on a daily basis and Mass is incorporated regularly into the curriculum.
- Our Kindergarten Program is full day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElginGrades: PK-5 | 38 students
1111 Van Street
Elgin, IL 60123
ElginGrades: K-9 | 168 students
103 S Gifford St
Elgin, IL 60120
ElginGrades: PK-12 | 418 students
2700 W Highland Avenue
Elgin, IL 60124
School is real solid from top to bottom. Great atmosphere. I would like to add that the school class size is approx.: 20-30 children per grade, with an average of about 25. There are many programs, specials, and sports that make the school even a better experience for your child. If considering your options give St. Thomas More a good look.
- Posted by Parent - redel
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.