Grades: NS-8 | 249 students
St. Thomas Catholic School was founded in 1903 by the Sisters of Divine Providence.
St. Thomas School offers a tradition of Academic excellence with firm and loving discipline.
We offer preschool programs for children aged three to five, including a popular pre-kindergarten program, which continues to the eighth grade in our main school.
Saint Thomas School will partner with the family to educate the child using Christian values, superior academics, and loving discipline in a Catholic academic community graced by the Spirit of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,512|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Athletics, Catholic Order of Foresters, Robotic Team, Rosary Club, SCHOLA, Scouting Academic Team, Athletics, Robotic Team, Rosary Club, SCHOLA, Scouting, Catholic Order of Foresters,
- St. Thomas was nationally recognized as a Blue Ribbon School in 2006 based on our standardized test scores, foreign language program, and our connections to the community.
- St. Thomas School was recognized as a Service Learning School of Contribution for the 2007 through 2015 school years.
- Results from the ACRE test (religion test developed by the National Catholic Educators Association and mandated by the Diocese of Covington) show that St. Thomas students in grade 5 scored an average of 6% points higher, and students in grade 8 scored an average of 10.5% points higher than the average student in Catholic schools across the nation.
- Students attending St. Thomas have the availability of academic testing and services provided by the Ft. Thomas School System
- Students at St. Thomas participate in academic competitions, like the Northern Kentucky Academic League, Governors Cup, and Math Counts, as early as fourth grade.
- In 20015-16 A Robotics Team was created and students were competitive in their first year of competitions. Due to the success of the first year, program will double with resources and student members.
- Students compete in Geographical and Spelling Bees excelling to state
- Starting in pre-kindergarten, our students enjoy enrichment classes in the areas of Spanish, music, physical education, library, and technology. In kindergarten, art is added.
- Our Pre School is rated 3 out of 4 Stars in the State of Kentucky Stars for Kids Now Program.
- Rated in the top 10% of standardized testing in the Diocese of Covington.
- In the last 12 years, St. Thomas has received over $100,000 in grants and awards to enhance many programs in our school including technology, science, and art.
Profile last updated: 05/15/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewportGrades: K-8 | 233 students
2516 Alexandria Pike
Newport, KY 41071
LatoniaGrades: PK-KG | 18 students
710 Valley Square Drive
Latonia, KY 41015
CovingtonGrades: NS-PK | 98 students
203 W Rivercenter Blvd
Covington, KY 41011