Top Kentucky Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 381 top private schools in Kentucky, serving 72,018 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,081 for elementary schools and $7,708 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 92% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
The Lexington School Photo - Ranked #2 best elementary school in the country, The Lexington School is a national leader in preparing kids for 21st century life.
The de Paul School Photo - Located in the heart of the historic Highlands neighborhood, The de Paul School serves students from 40+ zip codes in the greater Louisville, Kentucky region
Villa Madonna Academy Photo - Built on the Benedictine values of scholarship, service, hospitality, respect, and stewardship.Discover what our values mean to us!
Christian Academy Of Louisville (Christian Academy School System) Photo - The Rock Creek campus (3110 Rock Creek Drive) serves almost 250 students, Junior Academy-5th grade. In 2012, Rock Creek Elementary was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education.
Trinity High School Photo - The Path to Greatness. From the opening day orientation to graduation night, the Trinity experience is unlike any other. We've put together a wealth of resources to help prospective students and their families start down the path to greatness.
Mercy Academy Photo - Mercy offers 14 sports over three seasons for our girls to participate in. Many have try-outs and some are no-cut teams. We also offer intramural sports. Our volleyball team finished the 2008 season as state champions and ranked in the top 3 in the nation.
Top Kentucky Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 1 Schools46 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools154 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools224 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools525 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools1,563 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools82 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools388 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools275 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools177 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools353 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools432 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools22 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools102 Students8% Minority
- 18 Schools2,883 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools93 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools118 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools1,131 Students18% Minority
- 3 Schools331 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools378 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools1,746 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students- Minority
- 37 Schools6,951 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools212 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools876 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools14 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools125 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools1,165 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools144 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools69 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools602 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools288 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students2% Minority
- 100 Schools32,151 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools97 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools93 Students10% Minority
- 44 Schools8,754 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools156 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools139 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools284 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools151 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools275 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools371 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools796 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools133 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools231 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools1,296 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools953 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools91 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools642 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools526 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools510 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools81 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools237 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 7 Schools1,090 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools323 Students9% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.