Top Kentucky Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 374 top private schools in Kentucky, serving 72,463 students.
- The average private school tuition is $5,818 for elementary schools and $7,802 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 92% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
The Lexington School Photo - Ranked #2 best elementary school in the country, The Lexington School is a national leader in preparing kids for 21st century life.
Chance School Photo - Virginia Chance School is often described as the school up on the hill. A historic building sits on a beautiful campus of 26 acres and overlooks the fields, woods, gardens and the Learning Greenhouse. Updated to support and challenge 21st century learners, the school provides a progressive program for Twos through Grade 5.
Villa Madonna Academy Photo - Villa Madonna Academy is a private, Catholic, co-ed K-12 school in Villa Hills, KY, that offers an unsurpassed education. Accelerated, personalized classes shape skillful learners and independent thinkers, where 100 percent of the graduates attend college with an average of 98 percent earning scholarships.
The de Paul School Photo - Located in the heart of the historic Highlands neighborhood, The de Paul School serves students from 40+ zip codes in the greater Louisville, Kentucky region
Beth Haven Christian School Photo - Sophomore students learn Microsoft Office in their Computer Applications class.
Whitefield Academy Photo - WHITEFIELD ACADEMY is a private, Christian, co-educational school founded in 1976. The school, located in Louisville, KY is a ministry of Highview Baptist Church. Whitefield is accredited by the ACSI, SACS and is certified by the Kentucky Board of Education through the Kentucky Non-Public Schools Commission. Whitefield is ranked among the top 50 Best Christian High Schools in America"
Trinity High School Photo - The Path to Greatness. From the opening day orientation to graduation night, the Trinity experience is unlike any other. We've put together a wealth of resources to help prospective students and their families start down the path to greatness.
Oneida Baptist Institute Photo - Oneida Baptist Institute is a unique Christian boarding school for students in grades 6-12. We offer young people an "Education for Time and Eternity."
Top Kentucky Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools95 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools154 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools224 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools525 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools1,563 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools82 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools388 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools275 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools183 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools353 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools432 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools22 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools102 Students8% Minority
- 18 Schools2,883 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools93 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools118 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools1,090 Students18% Minority
- 3 Schools331 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools378 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools1,746 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students- Minority
- 36 Schools7,388 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools212 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools1,047 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools14 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools189 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools11 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools1,165 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools161 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools602 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools288 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students2% Minority
- 101 Schools31,634 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools97 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools32 Students10% Minority
- 40 Schools8,791 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools156 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools139 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools284 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools151 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools275 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools371 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools796 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools133 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools231 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools1,281 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools922 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools91 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools642 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools526 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools510 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools81 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools237 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,032 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools323 Students9% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.