Kentucky Private Schools
- There are 377 private schools in Kentucky, serving 72,196 students.
- The average private school tuition is $5,384 for elementary schools and $7,409 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 92% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Ranked #2 best elementary school in the country, The Lexington School is a national leader in preparing kids for 21st century life.
Virginia Chance School is often described as the school up on the hill. A historic building sits on a beautiful campus of 26 acres and overlooks the fields, woods, gardens and the Learning Greenhouse. Updated to support and challenge 21st century learners, the school provides a progressive program for Twos through Grade 5.
The Path to Greatness. From the opening day orientation to graduation night, the Trinity experience is unlike any other. We've put together a wealth of resources to help prospective students and their families start down the path to greatness.
The English Station campus (700 S. English Station Road) serves more than 1,700 students, Junior Academy-12th grade. In 2010, English Station High School received the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award from the U.S. Department of Education.
Villa Madonna Academy is a private, Catholic, co-ed K-12 school in Villa Hills, KY, that offers an unsurpassed education. Accelerated, personalized classes shape skillful learners and independent thinkers, where 100 percent of the graduates attend college with an average of 98 percent earning scholarships.
Kentucky Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools95 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools154 Students3% Minority
- 3 Schools224 Students5% Minority
- 4 Schools525 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools1,563 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools82 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools388 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools281 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools123 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools353 Students3% Minority
- 4 Schools403 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools22 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools102 Students8% Minority
- 19 Schools2,922 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools93 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools118 Students13% Minority
- 5 Schools1,090 Students18% Minority
- 3 Schools331 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools378 Students73% Minority
- 8 Schools1,746 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools9 Students- Minority
- 36 Schools7,388 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools212 Students6% Minority
- 6 Schools1,047 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools14 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools165 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools189 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools11 Students- Minority
- 5 Schools1,165 Students20% Minority
- 4 Schools161 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students6% Minority
- 2 Schools602 Students8% Minority
- 3 Schools288 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools57 Students2% Minority
- 101 Schools31,750 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools97 Students11% Minority
- 3 Schools32 Students10% Minority
- 40 Schools8,791 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools156 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools139 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools40 Students2% Minority
- 3 Schools284 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools151 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools275 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools371 Students15% Minority
- 4 Schools796 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools24 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools133 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools231 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools6 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students2% Minority
- 8 Schools1,281 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools922 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools19 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools15 Students9% Minority
- 3 Schools91 Students9% Minority
- 4 Schools642 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools240 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools526 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools510 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools81 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools237 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools26 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools1,032 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools59 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students9% Minority
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
August 14, 2018
Your religion matters to you. You want your child to attend a school which will combine academics and religious education. Here is an overview of what is available together with some links to denominational web sites.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.