Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked KY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Sayre School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
Academics and Faculty
Dress code for grades K-12
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Team (Middle & Upper), Chess Club (Middle), Community Service, Debate Club, Diversity Club, FCA, French Club (Upper), French Honor Society, Green Club (Upper), Green Council (Upper), Kentucky Youth Assembly (Middle & Upper), KUNA, Math Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Pep Club (Upper), Political Clubs (Upper), Pre Med Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook - Pillars
Arts and Music Programs:
Lower School Chorus, Lower School Drama (after school), Middle School Chorus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Camps, Lower School Basketball YMCA, Mens Volleyball Club (Upper), Tennis Clinic (Lower School)
- Sayre`s academic program spans three divisions from preschool age 2 through twelfth grade, providing valuable continuity as children develop and grow across divisions. The academic program is rich in content and comprehensive in skill development, unfolding incrementally as it crosses grade levels. Our fundamental goal is to educate students to be independent thinkers, who graduate with the intellectual and emotional preparation needed to pursue their educational and personal goals with confidence and integrity. A warm, openly inclusive atmosphere pervades the school, bolstered by close relationships between faculty and students, where they learn to take intellectual risks and respectfully express opinions.Located in the heart of central Kentucky, in the downtown historic district of Lexington, Sayre provides students an opportunity to participate in the life of the local community through experiential learning opportunities and community service, while sharing with students a global perspective that transcends its regional boundaries. An academic program that focuses on 21st century skills including collaboration, critical thinking and creativity is the blueprint for teachers as they help students develop their ability to read closely, communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, and problem solve adeptly.Sayre School is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). Further, Sayre is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and the Kentucky Association of Independent Schools (KAIS).In addition, Sayre is a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC), Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB), and the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE).The school is fully sanctioned by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA).
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Sayre School offer?
Sayre School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Sayre School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for most sports offered.
What is Sayre School's ranking?
Sayre School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for: Highest average ACT score, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Sayre School?
The application deadline for Sayre School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Sayre School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards