5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (859) 254-1361
Sayre School Photo #2 - Co-ed independent day school, grades PK-12, Project-based learning through college preparatory high school.
- Sayre School provides an innovative and inclusive learning environment that empowers students to achieve academic excellence, embrace challenge, and cultivate integrity in order to lead purposeful lives in an ever-changing world. Sayre is downtown Lexington's only independent co-educational college preparatory day school, serving students from age two through twelfth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Math, ADD/ADHD, Language-based, etc|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish, Statistics, U.S. Government, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code for grades K-12)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool tuition depends on 3 or 5 days, and Noon or afternoon dismissal. Tuition varies by division from K-12. Please see the website for current tuition rates and financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,855|
|Admissions Director||Jeff Oldham|
|Admissions Associate||Allison Wellman|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team (Middle & Upper), Community Service, Diversity Club, French Honor Society, Kentucky Youth Assembly (Middle & Upper), Math Club, Model UN, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Art (Lower School), Lower School Chorus, Lower School Drama (after school), Middle School Chorus
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Future Spartans (youth sports clinics), Tennis Clinic (Lower School)
- Sayre`s academic program spans three divisions from preschool through twelfth grade, providing valuable continuity as children develop and grow across divisions. The academic program is rich in content and comprehensive in skill development, unfolding incrementally as it crosses grade levels. Our fundamental goal is to educate students to be independent thinkers, who graduate with the intellectual and emotional preparation needed to pursue their educational and personal goals with confidence and integrity. A warm, openly inclusive atmosphere pervades the school, bolstered by close relationships between faculty and students, where they learn to take intellectual risks and respectfully express opinions.Located in the heart of central Kentucky, in the downtown historic district of Lexington, Sayre provides students an opportunity to participate in the life of the local community through experiential learning opportunities and community service, while sharing with students a global perspective that transcends its regional boundaries. An academic program that focuses on 21st century skills including collaboration, critical thinking and creativity is the blueprint for teachers as they help students develop their ability to read closely, communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, and problem solve adeptly.Sayre School is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). Further, Sayre is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and the Kentucky Association of Independent Schools (KAIS).In addition, Sayre is a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC), Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB), and the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Education (CSEE).The school is fully sanctioned by the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Grades: 9-12 | 26 students
620 South Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508
(859) 455-8064 0.8 9-12
Excellent academic school. Teaches the whole child. Well round and productive kids come out of this program. Fantastic teachers focused on more than just test scores.
- Posted by Parent - Sayre Mom
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.