Ss Peter & Paul School
- Sts. Peter and Paul School has been the choice of education for families since 1913.
- Sts. Peter and Paul School provides students with Catholic values and high academic standards within a diverse community of lifelong learners who participate in a shared faith.
- Academic Excellence Sts. Peter & Paul School proudly stands behind their academic programs which follow the diocesan curriculum guidelines.
- SPPS provides an array of opportunities for students to participate in community events and be exposed to the arts.
- Located within walking distance is the Lexington Children's Theater, Opera House, Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington Public Library, Gratz Park and much more.
- The proximity to these organizations is a perfect complement to the expanded arts program offered at SPPS which includes band, choral, visual arts and drama.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia/autism/mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and white logo polo for boys in K-5; Plaid and White logo polo for girls in K-5; Khaki and navy logo polo for grades 6-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,110|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic In-Parish rate is $5110 Catholic Out-of-Parish is $6541 Non-Catholic rate is $7363|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Connie Carr|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Future Problem Solvers, Kentucky Youth Assembly (KYA), Math Team, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
4th-5th grade musical, 6th-8th grade musical, Choir, Private Cello lessons, Private guitar lessons, Private percussion lessons, Private Piano lessons, Private violin lessons, Show Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Faith 1st basketball, Faith 1st Socce
- School Location Miles Grades Students
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.