Ss Peter & Paul School
- Sts. Peter and Paul School has been the choice of education for families since 1913.
- Sts. Peter and Paul School provides students with Catholic values and high academic standards within a diverse community of lifelong learners who participate in a shared faith. Academic Excellence Sts. Peter & Paul School proudly stands behind their academic programs which follow the diocesan curriculum guidelines.
- SPPS provides an array of opportunities for students to participate in community events and be exposed to the arts.
- Located within walking distance is the Lexington Children's Theater, Opera House, Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington Public Library, Gratz Park and much more.
- The proximity to these organizations is a perfect complement to the expanded arts program offered at SPPS which includes band, choral, visual arts and drama.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia/autism/mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and white logo polo for boys in K-5; Plaid and White logo polo for girls in K-5; Khaki and navy logo polo for grades 6-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,065|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic In-Parish rate is $6065 Catholic Out-of-Parish is $7546 Non-Catholic rate is $8613For the 2019.2020 school year, SPPS is offering a 50% discount on base tuition for students in K-8 that are new to Catholic schools. For more information, please contact the SPPS admissions office.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Katie Kerns|
|Admissions Associate||Connie Carr|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Battle of the Books, Future Problem Solvers, Kentucky Youth Assembly (KYA), Math Team, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
4th-5th grade musical, 6th-8th grade musical, Choir, Private Cello lessons, Private guitar lessons, Private percussion lessons, Private Piano lessons, Private violin lessons, Show Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Faith 1st basketball, Faith 1st Socce
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.