Ss Peter & Paul School
- Sts. Peter and Paul School has been the choice of education for families since 1913.
- Sts. Peter and Paul School provides students with Catholic values and high academic standards within a diverse community of lifelong learners who participate in a shared faith.
- Academic Excellence Sts. Peter & Paul School proudly stands behind their academic programs which follow the diocesan curriculum guidelines.
- SPPS provides an array of opportunities for students to participate in community events and be exposed to the arts.
- Located within walking distance is the Lexington Children's Theater, Opera House, Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington Public Library, Gratz Park and much more.
- The proximity to these organizations is a perfect complement to the expanded arts program offered at SPPS which includes band, choral, visual arts and drama.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia/autism/mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants and white logo polo for boys in K-5; Plaid and White logo polo for girls in K-5; Khaki and navy logo polo for grades 6-8)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,110|
|Tuition Notes||Catholic In-Parish rate is $5110 Catholic Out-of-Parish is $6541 Non-Catholic rate is $7363|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Connie Carr|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Future Problem Solvers, Kentucky Youth Assembly (KYA), Math Team, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
4th-5th grade musical, 6th-8th grade musical, Choir, Private Cello lessons, Private guitar lessons, Private percussion lessons, Private Piano lessons, Private violin lessons, Show Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Faith 1st basketball, Faith 1st Socce
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Grades: PK-12 | 415 students
3900 Rapid Run Drive
Lexington, KY 40515
(859)271-0079 6 PK-12
- Lexington Grades: NS-8 | 150 students
725 Stone Road
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)277-4805 3.9 NS-8
- Lexington Grades: PK-12 | 542 students
194 N Limestone
Lexington, KY 40507
(859)254-1361 0.3 PK-12
- Frankfort Grades: PK-8 | 117 students
120 Deepwood Dr
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502)227-7121 22.9 PK-8
- Lexington Grades: PK-12 | 1460 students
450 W Reynolds Rd
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)422-5700 4.4 PK-12
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.