Christ The King School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Christ the King School provides a Catholic-based education that ministers to the character, knowledge, and spirit of each student through the efforts of professional, faith-driven faculty and staff.
- Staff and parents will work together to provide the support necessary to accommodate the needs of individual students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005, 2017|
|Total Students||484 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,815|
|Tuition Notes||This is the CTK parishioner rate. Other rates available on ctkschool.net|
|Admissions Director||Kim Thompson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, FootballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Football,
- Admission Requirements: CKS student application Parent release form copy of birth certificate (state-issued) copy of Baptismal certificate (if Roman Catholic) most recent report card (grades 1-8) most recent standardized test scores (grades 1-8)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Grades: K | 2 students
2800 Tates Creek Rd
Lexington, KY 40502
(859)266-4100 1.1 K
- Lexington Grades: PK-8 | 434 students
605 Hill N Dale Road
Lexington, KY 40503
(859)277-3030 2.9 PK-8
We have two kids currently enrolled and another who will enter pre school soon. I have been nothing but impressed with the faculty. The teachers personalize work for kids who can move faster or have difficulty. Hey are patient yet firm with behavior. The administration works hard to create a positive environment for both faculty and students. My kids look forward to school each day. I am very thankful they are growing up in such a nurturing environment.
- Posted by Parent - Megan Mottet
Christ the King School is a loving community that fosters independence and growth while providing academic excellence to students (preschool - 8th grade). CKS employs amazing faculty and staff that nurture the development of the whole child (spiritual, academics, arts, community service minded, etc) in order to form the next generation of leaders. My family is proud to be members of the Christ the King School community!
- Posted by Parent - Shana Peterson
CKS is truly community made up of faculty and staff that nurture, develop and foster independence while providing academic excellence. This school believes in shaping the whole child (mind, body and spirit) in order to lay the foundation for the next generation of our community leaders. This community experience provides an atmosphere where my children thrive!
- Posted by Parent - S Peterson
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.