The Lexington School
- Top Ranked KY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 600 students
- Yearly Tuition: $24,000
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Khaki pants, solid-colored shirt with a collar--unform dress/coat and tie on Fridays)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess Team, Chinese Classes, Destination Imagination, Girls On The Run, Scouts, Speech and Debate
Arts and Music Programs:
Applied Music Lessons, Fine Arts Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Lexington School's developmental preschool and academic K-8 program maintain small class sizes that encourage teacher/student trust & promote courageous learning. All children are challenged through an active, hands-on curriculum that focuses on content and on teaching character traits (Mission Skills) like creativity, curiosity, ethics, time management, teamwork, and resilience.
- Our 40-acre campus includes 3 playgrounds, beautiful athletic fields, native woods, walking trails, and a creek where children of all ages spend quality time playing and learning in this outdoor classroom.
- In addition to the "traditional" program, The Lexington School offers a school within the school for children with language-based learning differences (Dyslexia). The Learning Center is a program specific to The Lexington School (no other program like it in the state) with student-teacher ratios of 4-1 and a specialized program that gives children the tools for success in any classroom.
- A private, independent education of the highest quality for toddlers through 8th grade in Lexington, Kentucky, The Lexington School is ranked among the best private elementary schools in the country.
- The Lexington School was founded in 1959 by Josephine Abercrombie for talented children in preschool through 8th grade. Today the school serves toddlers through middle school and continues to provide a high-quality academic education that maximizes each child's potential. The goal of the school is to develop the whole child emotionally, socially, and cognitively in the most engaging way and encourages a life-long curiosity and drive for achievement.
- Located in Lexington, Kentucky on what used to be a horse farm, the school enjoys 40 acres of lush green fields, woods, and streams and 140,000 square feet of cutting edge instructional indoor space. With a 7 to 1 student to teacher ratio, children enjoy a differentiated curriculum that allows for the support and challenge they need to stretch and grow as 21st-century learners.
- A high retention rate among the schools' strong faculty cultivates family and encourages long-standing relationships with thousands of past parents and alumni who still call the school home.
- Strategically positioned for sustainability, a professional Board of Trustees oversees a top 10 endowment for the school's category and size.
- Dedicated to equity and inclusion, the school is committed to welcoming families and faculty of diverse backgrounds.
Endorse The Lexington School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards