Lexington Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Lexington Montessori School is a non-profit and non-denominational organization that opened in 1980.
- We strive to provide high-quality, Montessori-based educational programs for children ages 3 through 12.
- Our goal is to serve the child, to allow the child to develop as a complete person, and to encourage full realization of the child's potential and capabilities.
- LMS is a community of learners, a family with a commitment to education and civic participation.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$4,500-$8,580 depending on program|
|Admissions Director||RandiLynn Tucker|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Grades: PK-8 | 231 students
1209 Texaco Rd
Lexington, KY 40508
(859)255-7330 1.5 PK-8
As is a tenant of the Montessori Method, learning is child-led, so when my daughter first expressed an interest in letter sounds at an age earlier, atypical of most children, she was given letter sound lessons. She then went on to read earlier than most of her peers, and by 5YO was reading chapter books with ease. It`s this kind of child-led learning that the Montessori Method is known for. I`ve seen other children flourish at LMS in their areas of interest, like math, Spanish and art. I wholly recommend Lexington Montessori School to anyone looking for a qualified, accredited, affordable Montessori school, lead by teachers who we love like family.
- Posted by Parent - Leanne Mallory
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.