- Top Ranked KY School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 31 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 11%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Average SAT score
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- At Sphinx Academy, Learning Coaches/teachers meet with each student once a week. They work on an individualized plan through which content delivery, pace, load, and schedule are decided together. Decisions are flexible based on success and changing student needs.
- At Sphinx Academy, students are offered courses with combined features of online and onsite classes. In addition to regular class meetings, our courses allow students to work independently or with individual support for uninterrupted blocks of time at their own pace. Mastery is assessed through projects, discussions, quizzes, and unit assessments to ensure a deeper understanding of the content.
- Sphinx Academy learning coaches/teachers act as advisors, facilitators, and mediators. They support the students in their day-to-day emotional, social, and academic needs and they facilitate and organize field trips, internships, community service projects, extracurricular clubs, Socratic discussions, career exploration, and many more activities. They also encourage their students to pursue independent studies exploring their interest areas.
Endorse Sphinx Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?