St. Thomas School
- St. Thomas School is a co-educational day school which serves students in grades Pre-K through eight from Southington and its surrounding towns.
- The St. Thomas community includes priests, school board, administration, faculty, staff, students, parents, and volunteers.
- St. Thomas is able to provide a number of unique opportunities for the development of the total child due to the quality of its facilities.
- The St. Thomas community is committed to helping its students develop the competencies and values required for active participation in a Christian way of life.
- St. Thomas is dedicated to developing the child spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally.
- St. Thomas School communicates the gospel message to love and to serve as well as to teach the basic precepts of the church.
- Through prayer, example, community involvement, and the sacraments, each student is guided toward a personal relationship with Christ, recognizing Him as the center of our school community.
- The mission of St. Thomas School is to provide an instructional program which gives all students an opportunity to achieve their maximum potential by recognizing individual differences in students, while reinforcing each student's positive self-image.
- St. Thomas School strives to develop the social and emotional potential of each student by imparting to each child the self-worth and dignity of every member of God's family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northfield Grades: PK-6 | 72 students
5 Knife Shop Road
Northfield, CT 06778
(860)283-5920 2.4 PK-6
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 172 students
760 Main St
Watertown, CT 06795
(860)274-0200 5.6 PK-8
- Oakville Grades: PK-8 | 238 students
140 Buckingham St
Oakville, CT 06779
(860)945-0621 5.9 PK-8
- Waterbury Grades: 1-7 | 10 students
18 Manville St
Waterbury, CT 06704
(203)756-7111 6.2 1-7
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.