- Newport Central Catholic High School is a private Catholic school of the diocese of Covington.
- Its mission is received from Jesus Christ: to form men and women of service and leadership in Church and community.
- The faculty, staff, students, parents, and school board become a "family" in their respect and support of one another.
- As the NCC family, they work to bring to fuller realization the Kingdom of God that has already begun in their hearts.
- The school commits itself to sharing in the education of the whole person with the family, the parish, and the civic community.
- NCC leads each student to understand and develop personal giftedness and freedom through its curriculum and activities.
- This provides for all facets of growth in an atmosphere guided by the principles of the Catholic Church.
- NCC recognizes its unique role as educator in the academic area.
- Today's students at NCC are being prepared to bring hope and competence to a complex society through a sharing of gospel values and the good use of knowledge and scientific technique.
- Students are challenged to develop themselves to the level of their ability.
- The faculty endeavors to make students conscious of God's presence in their lives, and so building in each a positive self-image. Our students are prepared for a lifetime of learning!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Difficulties|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,600|
|Tuition Notes||In district parish $4900 Out of distric parish $5390 No parish $5600|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||JoAnna Loechel|
|Admissions Associate||Tessy Krebs|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Biology Club, Blood Drive Committee, Catholic Order of Forresters, Choir/Liturgy Group/Musicians, Culinary Club, Drama Club, Mock Trial Team, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Pep Club, Right to Life Club, School Play, Spanish Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, The Upper Room -- religious group, Volleyball Club, Yearbook Academic Team, Biology Club, Culinary Club, Drama Club, Newspaper, Pep Club, School Play, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Blood Drive Committee,
Catholic Order of Forresters,
Mock Trial Team,
National Honor Society,
Right to Life Club,
The Upper Room -- religious group,
- NCC Objectives 1. To teach in a meaningful way the good news of Jesus Christ. 2. To treat everyone with the same respect and dignity regardless of race, creed, color, ethnic, or national origin. 3. To provide opportunities for developing bonds of respect, affection, and cooperation among all members of the NCC "family." 4. To impart basic skills needed in contemporary life. 5. To nurture spiritual, cultural, social, psychological, and physical growth in the students. 6. To discern students' gifts and weaknesses, so as to provide quality education at all levels and sequences of learning. 7. To balance students' self-direction and freedom with personal responsibility. 8. To sensitize students to issues of environmental stewardship, social justice, and reverence for life. 9. To communicate with and cooperate with parents in the academic development of their sons and daughters. 10. To engage in regular discernment with regard to school philosophy and goals.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: 9-12 | 934 students
3900 Vincent Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45205
CincinnatiGrades: 9-12 | 708 students
3091 North Bend Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45239
CincinnatiGrades: 9-12 | 921 students
9001 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45242
CincinnatiGrades: 9-12 | 1597 students
600 N Bend Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45224
HamiltonGrades: 9-12 | 450 students
571 Hamilton New London Rd
Hamilton, OH 45013
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.