St Therese School
Tel: (859) 441-0449
- St. Therese School is a Roman Catholic elementary and middle school located in Northern Kentucky.
- St. Therese School was founded in 1927. It is the mission of St. Therese School to challenge each student to embrace the Gospel, achieve academic excellence, and make a positive difference in the world.
- At St. Therese School, we believe that each student is a child of God.
- In considering the worth of the individual student, we pursue not only the development of the intellectual, physical, emotional, and social dimension, but we also assist students in developing and strengthening their spiritual and moral capabilities and powers.
- Our aim is to form a Catholic community within the school and to attempt to instill in each student true Christian values; to help the children develop self-discipline, personal responsibility, and standards of behavior that come from within - thus showing respect for the rights, feelings, and opinions of others; to provide the students with the skills required for learning, interpersonal relationships, problem solving, and future life situations; to provide a positive learning environment to meet the needs of each student; and to help students to develop a sense of respect for all authority: Church, civic, home, and school by teaching and demanding the proper marks of respect and courtesy.
St Therese School places among the top 20% of private schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid at the beginning of each quarter.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dorothy O'Leary, principal|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Student Council
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Thomas Grades: K-8 | 183 students
23 Rossford Avenue
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
(859) 572-2680 2.1 K-8
- Covington Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
625 Pike St
Covington, KY 41011
(859) 431-5153 2.7 PK-8
- Covington Grades: K-8 | 155 students
1840 Jefferson Avenue
Covington, KY 41014
(859) 261-5564 2.3 K-8
- Fort Thomas Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
428 South Fort Thomas Avenue
Fort Thomas, KY 41075
(859) 572-4641 1.3 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?