- Sumter Academy provides a specific and individualized curriculum for each student in order to ensure academic success of students who have difficulty in more traditional settings.
- We believe that each child should not only be successful, but should feel confident and ready to move on to the next level of education.
- Sumter Academy offers instruction for students enrolled in second through twelfth grade.
- We offer a low student to teacher ratio, the maximum capacity of each class being twelve students.
- Sumter Academy also offers participation in clubs and organizations including First Priority, D.A.R.E., Yearbook Staff and School Event Committees.
- Sumter Academy’s daily lunch program is provided by local restaurants including KFC, Peking House, Burger King, Sonic, and Jersey Mikes, to name a few.
- Lunch selections are chosen and paid for on a weekly basis.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ColumbiaGrades: 1-12 | 72 students
1500 Hallbrook Dr
Columbia, SC 29209
West ColumbiaGrades: K-12 | 66 students
1041 Harbor Dr
West Columbia, SC 29169
SumterGrades: PK-12 | 144 students
420 S Pike W
Sumter, SC 29150
SumterGrades: K-2 | 25 students
1137a Alice Dr
Sumter, SC 29150
ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 12 students
PO Box 711
Columbia, SC 29202