South Carolina Private Schools
- There are 409 private schools in South Carolina, serving 65,800 students.
- The average private school tuition is $5,973 for elementary schools and $6,543 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 88% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 14% and the student:teacher ratio is 11:1.
Founded in 1909 in Charleston, SC, Ashley Hall's mission is to produce educated women who are independent, ethically responsible and prepared to meet the challenges of society with confidence, and is met through a rewarding academic program. With a student body ages 2-12th grade, Ashley Hall offers a curriculum beautifully tailored to the learning styles of girls. Visit www.ashleyhall.org.
Bob Jones Academy's fine arts program includes art, speech and music. The music program includes two bands, an orchestra and two choirs as well as music lessons offered through Bob Jones University.
CCES students attend weekly chapel services offered in the Episcopal tradition, but the school welcomes students of all faiths.
South Carolina Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools115 Students1% Minority
- 14 Schools2,179 Students14% Minority
- 15 Schools1,795 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools150 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools276 Students3% Minority
- 14 Schools2,786 Students12% Minority
- 12 Schools2,598 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools324 Students1% Minority
- 42 Schools8,418 Students11% Minority
- 2 Schools110 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools179 Students29% Minority
- 5 Schools486 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools1,259 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools556 Students15% Minority
- 7 Schools892 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools307 Students15% Minority
- 12 Schools2,719 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools168 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools356 Students6% Minority
- 15 Schools2,645 Students14% Minority
- 6 Schools426 Students14% Minority
- 57 Schools10,703 Students10% Minority
- 8 Schools877 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools250 Students3% Minority
- 15 Schools1,886 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools750 Students35% Minority
- 6 Schools504 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools195 Students22% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students10% Minority
- 1 Schools481 Students2% Minority
- 18 Schools1,500 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools470 Students4% Minority
- 2 Schools236 Students5% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools208 Students5% Minority
- 7 Schools382 Students6% Minority
- 9 Schools1,519 Students13% Minority
- 8 Schools571 Students6% Minority
- 41 Schools7,600 Students28% Minority
- 20 Schools3,046 Students6% Minority
- 13 Schools2,329 Students12% Minority
- 1 Schools121 Students20% Minority
- 5 Schools542 Students8% Minority
- 18 Schools2,612 Students11% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.