Top South Carolina Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 425 top private schools in South Carolina, serving 66,351 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,132 for elementary schools and $6,699 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 14% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Walnut Grove Christian School Photo - Our Class of 2018, with 8 graduates, earned more than $1.8 Million in academic & athletic scholarshipsfrom the following colleges and universities:
Renaissance Preparatory Academy Photo - Renaissance Preparatory Academy's regular classes meet here, 3301 33rd Ave. North, Myrtle Beach, SC.
Trinity Classical Academy Photo - Trinity Classical Academy on the steps of Bethany United Methodist Church
Cardinal Newman School Photo - CARDINAL NEWMAN SCHOOL, in order to address a rapidly changing world where learning expectations are higher than ever and faith-filled values are the foundation of a stronger tomorrow, seeks to exceed the traditional definition of educational success. Our mission is to discover the young faith-filled leader that God created inside every child through our commitment to REDEFINING EXCELLENCE in everything we do. We offer a holistic learning experience built on Catholic values, and we deliver it within the new campus that is your school and your home. Redefining Excellence In the Classroom - On the Field - In the Community For Their Futures
Ashley Hall School Photo - Founded in 1909 in Charleston, SC, Ashley Hall's mission is to produce educated women who are independent, ethically responsible and prepared to meet the challenges of society with confidence, and is met through a rewarding academic program. With a student body ages 2-12th grade, Ashley Hall offers a curriculum beautifully tailored to the learning styles of girls. Visit www.ashleyhall.org.
First Presbyterian Academy Photo - Our teachers are dedicated to a loving, Christ-centered environment.
Top South Carolina Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students4% Minority
- 15 Schools1,909 Students16% Minority
- 14 Schools1,354 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools150 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools285 Students5% Minority
- 14 Schools2,819 Students16% Minority
- 12 Schools2,528 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools310 Students1% Minority
- 42 Schools8,125 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools178 Students22% Minority
- 6 Schools460 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools1,228 Students2% Minority
- 6 Schools576 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools1,009 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools327 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools3,268 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools186 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools356 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools2,503 Students13% Minority
- 6 Schools422 Students19% Minority
- 59 Schools11,140 Students12% Minority
- 8 Schools1,026 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools213 Students2% Minority
- 16 Schools1,941 Students8% Minority
- 5 Schools960 Students25% Minority
- 6 Schools563 Students28% Minority
- 1 Schools223 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools361 Students3% Minority
- 19 Schools1,643 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools468 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools251 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools206 Students25% Minority
- 10 Schools506 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools1,305 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools487 Students5% Minority
- 43 Schools7,525 Students25% Minority
- 20 Schools3,095 Students12% Minority
- 14 Schools2,387 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools121 Students25% Minority
- 4 Schools507 Students5% Minority
- 21 Schools2,879 Students12% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.