Top South Carolina Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 427 top private schools in South Carolina, serving 65,942 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,203 for elementary schools and $7,008 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 89% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 13% and the student:teacher ratio is 10:1.
Heritage Christian Academy Photo - Heritage Christian Academy is Christian in philosophy and practice while classical in approach and methodology. With small class sizes and rigorous curriculum, Heritage Christian Academy prepares children to live purposefully and intelligently as they pursue the individual calling God has given them.
Renaissance Preparatory Academy Photo - Children are dropped off at the edge of the parking lot and move into the Renaissance Preparatory Academy's pedestrian friendly, RPA Fun Zone.
Bob Jones Academy Photo - Bob Jones Academy's fine arts program includes art, speech and music. The music program includes two bands, an orchestra and two choirs as well as music lessons offered through Bob Jones University.
Top South Carolina Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students4% Minority
- 15 Schools1,909 Students16% Minority
- 14 Schools1,350 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools150 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools285 Students5% Minority
- 14 Schools2,795 Students16% Minority
- 14 Schools2,574 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools333 Students1% Minority
- 45 Schools8,063 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools62 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools189 Students22% Minority
- 6 Schools460 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools1,228 Students2% Minority
- 5 Schools575 Students8% Minority
- 8 Schools1,010 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools327 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools3,268 Students14% Minority
- 1 Schools186 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools356 Students7% Minority
- 15 Schools2,503 Students13% Minority
- 6 Schools431 Students19% Minority
- 59 Schools11,019 Students11% Minority
- 8 Schools1,061 Students18% Minority
- 1 Schools213 Students2% Minority
- 16 Schools1,839 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools826 Students23% Minority
- 5 Schools442 Students29% Minority
- 2 Schools223 Students25% Minority
- 3 Schools273 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools361 Students3% Minority
- 18 Schools1,635 Students18% Minority
- 2 Schools468 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools251 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools206 Students25% Minority
- 10 Schools506 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools1,358 Students14% Minority
- 7 Schools480 Students5% Minority
- 43 Schools7,582 Students25% Minority
- 20 Schools3,113 Students12% Minority
- 14 Schools2,406 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools121 Students25% Minority
- 4 Schools507 Students5% Minority
- 22 Schools2,830 Students12% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.