- We, the Susquehanna Waldorf School, are an independent school rooted in the international movement and philosophy of Waldorf education.
- The Susquehanna Waldorf School Strives to cultivate a love of learning, imagination, reverence and compassion for others by educating the whole child-head, heart and hands.
- Committed to academic excellence, the Waldorf curriculum harmonized clear thinking with a depth of feeling and creative initiative to prepare children for the challenges of the future.
- Our mission is to provide a nurturing and challenging environment that inspires our students to reach the highest levels of intellectual, spiritual, artistic and physical achievement.
- The faculty and staff work in partnership with the larger school community to keep this environment vital, dynamic and diverse.
- Through the integration of academic and artistic pursuits, we honor the potential within each child to fully develop his/her unique abilities.
- Our students acquire a lifelong love of learning and a sense of compassion and joy that benefits them, their community and their world at large.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElizabethtownGrades: NS-12 | 394 students
629 Holly Street
Elizabethtown, PA 17022
LancasterGrades: PK-12 | 707 students
725 Hamilton Road
Lancaster, PA 17603
LancasterGrades: PK-8 | 241 students
935 Columbia Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17603
Mount JoyGrades: K-12 | 74 students
205 Lefever Road
Mount Joy, PA 17552
ColumbiaGrades: PK-8 | 173 students
404 Cherry St
Columbia, PA 17512
Great School - I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place they can feel good about and their child will love to learn and love school.
- Posted by Parent - eleil
Our family relocated to Lancaster County after a statewide school search. Susquehanna Waldorf offers a whole-person education, caring for the mind, spirit and will of each child. Our daughters are currently enrolled in Kindergarden and First Grade. We deeply appreciate that the Early Childhood program nurtures our youngest daughter, allowing for creative and imaginative play, without pushing her to begin academics. Our First Grader, who is school-ready, is offered a rich and wonderful curriculum (including Spanish and Mandarin classes).
- Posted by Parent - ndill