Grades: PK-3 | 117 students
- Founded in 1962, Manor Montessori was the first Montessori school established in the state of Maryland.
- It is also one of the few Montessori schools to have constructed its own facility, in Potomac, which was specifically designed for children working in a Montessori environment.
- The Manor Montessori School provides a warm and nurturing atmosphere for children between the ages of three and nine.
- At Manor Montessori, we have a wonderful, fun and enriching Summer Day Camp which incorporates the Montessori method of teaching.
- Our camp teachers combine the use of the Montessori materials with daily arts & crafts projects, as well as fun indoor and outdoor activities.
- Some of these activities include swimming, tennis, music, cooking, and free-play.
- Our staff’s dedication to the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, along with strict adherence to her principles and practices, has been the reason for our success over a forty year period.
- Our enrollment and our facilities have both seen steady growth throughout the years.
- Our staff members regularly attend local and national Montessori workshops.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mc LeanGrades: PK-4 | 84 students
1830 Kirby Road
Mc Lean, VA 22101
McleanGrades: PK-KG | 56 students
Po Box 492
Mclean, VA 22101
Falls ChurchGrades: K | 51 students
3335 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
RestonGrades: PK-6 | 172 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
AlexandriaGrades: PK-5 | 97 students
6300 Florence Ln
Alexandria, VA 22310
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.