Grades: PK-3 | 117 students
- Founded in 1962, Manor Montessori was the first Montessori school established in the state of Maryland.
- It is also one of the few Montessori schools to have constructed its own facility, in Potomac, which was specifically designed for children working in a Montessori environment.
- The Manor Montessori School provides a warm and nurturing atmosphere for children between the ages of three and nine.
- At Manor Montessori, we have a wonderful, fun and enriching Summer Day Camp which incorporates the Montessori method of teaching.
- Our camp teachers combine the use of the Montessori materials with daily arts & crafts projects, as well as fun indoor and outdoor activities.
- Some of these activities include swimming, tennis, music, cooking, and free-play.
- Our staff’s dedication to the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori, along with strict adherence to her principles and practices, has been the reason for our success over a forty year period.
- Our enrollment and our facilities have both seen steady growth throughout the years.
- Our staff members regularly attend local and national Montessori workshops.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Falls ChurchGrades: K | 51 students
3335 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
ArlingtonGrades: PK-K | 56 students
3809 Washington Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
Fairfax StationGrades: 1-7 | 43 students
Po Box 130
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
AlexandriaGrades: PK-6 | 128 students
8334 Mount Vernon Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
RestonGrades: PK-4 | 280 students
1928 Isaac Newton Sq W
Reston, VA 20190
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.